you envy my car..you know it... NOT

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

you envy my car..you know it... NOT

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok YAY got headers installed runs ok needs some tunning... going home i hear a snap.. hmm then grinding..turns out my cv shaft snapped./..wtf and it snapped where then nut and shaft meet... so yet antoher problem for this piece of crap mazda.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

WTF?!
been breaking mirrors recently?

seriously..., roll it over a cliff!

*edit*
just noticed 'car for sale' good luck, you might want to delete some of your posts, they could give a bad impression :lol:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I don't know Hector. You have to be one of the most unlucky MX owners I've ever heard. I don't think you've ever gone more than a week without some major fault or flaw. Engine fires, bent internals, mucked up engine swaps, snapped CV's. If it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any. Sometimes it's better to wipe the slate clean and start over .... sometimes.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yup very bad luck with this car about the posts well i guess its good that people see that I have replaced EVERYTHING..lets see..engine , mounts, all 4 strutsa, strut munts, ENTIRE IGN system. brakes brake likes, ecu, passenger side cv shaft. hmm after i get this fixed i wonder what will go next or and i think one of my vris solenoids died so gotta get another one. This crap. I know ill end up selling it locally right after i paint it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Just think though. By the time you get done everything on the car will be brand new. So who ever gets it shouldn't have to worry about working on it for a while. That is as long as they don't have the luck that you've had with it. I'm curious though if you plan to get another mx-3 or a Mazda at all for that matter? It seems you might be tired of them. But I know I love my car along with a lot of other mxers. If you do get something else you know you'll buy another mx-3 one day. There just to hard to resist.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

unlucky mate, what age/mileage is your car?

maybe its just a 'lemon' or whatever the phrase is.. one of those cars that just eats money, endlessly!
1997, Silver, V6
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Seriously. Roll it off a cliff. Once you had that under hood fire, you should have cut your losses then. All sorts of gremlins happen after a fire .... though that can't even explain ALL the stuff you've had happen. Maybe it's cursed or something. Maybe some Cajun witchdoctor from New Orleans ..... you've got displaced Katrina victims in your town, right? That must be it. Go to the nearest rock quarry and put a brick on the gas pedal.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

yeah part that thing out and cut your losses
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

we dont have quarries :( its the desert ill post a cpi of what happened... hmm paitn and sell to some poor local soul. no warraty as is lol. Im looking into an american car something thatpoarts are not 100 dllrs a bang. Manual.
-hec

MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I always believe in preventative maintanance. When I engine swapped, I put new drive shafts and replace suspension. But by the sounds of it, even your luck would prevail. I thought I had issues with my car. MAn I feal for ya! Good luck on the sale.
P.S. What rattles very loud and shakes very violently....Every American car out there now that your lookin for one.LOL :lol: Take it easy on your next car o.k!!!
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:yup very bad luck with this car about the posts well i guess its good that people see that I have replaced EVERYTHING..lets see..engine , mounts, all 4 strutsa, strut munts, ENTIRE IGN system. brakes brake likes, ecu, passenger side cv shaft. hmm after i get this fixed i wonder what will go next or and i think one of my vris solenoids died so gotta get another one. This crap. I know ill end up selling it locally right after i paint it.
Wow, where did your car come from (what state)? Where was it orignally bought? A dealership? Auction? Private?
I know my car came from Florida and somehow made it to Utah where it auctioned
Its pretty wierd because I found this stuff on the Owners Manual where the original owner signed a Warranty pamphlet
The MX3 used to give me problems. It is running pretty fine right now except that I think the waterpump might give up on me soon. KLZE engine swap, here I come
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Your in the desert? Well then you can pick up some black powder and pvc pipe and make your mx3 a really big fire works display for new years :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I liked the guys who slapped a missle on their car and ran it down some rail-road tracks and into a plateu in the desert. You could do that, it seemed like it would be aweful fun 8)

I hope you don't expect to have any luck with an American car... I've owned a few and you are right the parts are generally a little cheaper, but you have to remember that American manufacturers are very bad about creating parts for one car and thus the cost is great and the part is usually very crappy b/c it wasn't tested properly. Also expect to work on it more than your MX-3 since they break ALL the time. If you want a good properly running car with minimal headache buy a Protoge. They sold tons of them, Protoges share parts with tons of other cars thus cheaper parts. They last forever and a usually cheap.

You do have the worst luck I've seen on this board in the whole time I've been here.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well corrected problem, 50 dllrs for a new cv joint with spindle. I fixed my vris solenoid, headers are installed..they may have a leak well the rear ones. Reset idle and disty timing. Connected iac (was disconnected) Went for a test drive and io have to say wow... there is a huge difference from before. I went driving harsh for around 30 mins to test the limits...ricer civics attempt to look cool buyt got embarrased on their own.. i missed this car..
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”