Question on 95 RS Manual Transmission.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
freyguy_412

Question on 95 RS Manual Transmission.

Post by freyguy_412 »

My friend told me switching the oil in the transmission to synthetic might help replace some performance lost over the years, so back to the ol' Chilton's Magazine.

It gives two different procedures: One for a 1990-93 vehicles except MX-3 with G5M-R Transaxle. The other for an MX-3 with G5M-R Transaxle and all 1994-1998 vehicles.

I thought the RS MX-3's all came with an F series transaxle and the Protege's came with the G series. Is it possible I have a G series already (would make my later B6T swap more convenient). But I want to be sure which one I have before I get it all up in the air and such. Is there a marking plate on it anywhere?
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

im sure you have a f series i have a 95 rs and i have the f series.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Alright... since my manual is already that unclear, I need help.

I can pull the plug to drain it, obviously lol. Then is there going to be a filler plug up top or do I fill it where the speedo gear is at?
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

where the speedo gear is. some people do it from the bottom but i fid it easy from up top, you just need 1 really long extension and a 10 mm socket i believe. unless you use 2 or 3 shorter extensions.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

I also did mine from the top. I removed the air intake which helps alot. Then just unbolt the retainer bolt on the speedo sensor, pull it out, stick in a funnel, and ta-da.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”