So mad at Canadian Tire

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Slade

So mad at Canadian Tire

Post by Slade »

Ok, im gonna rant on here for a bit...

I replaced a strut on my car this week, while putting the sturut on I broke the metal part of the brake line off of the rubebr part that connects to the rear drum on my rs. So I took my car to the canadian tire here in Stoney Creek to have them replace the brake line only!. So they were replacing the brake line and for some reason they said they needed to replace the master cylinder so they took it off and I said I didnt want it/need it replaced because it was working fine when I took the car in.

So I told them to put the car all back together so that I can jsut take my car home, and they notified me that they dont have the master cylinder in stock and they cracked the resivoir taking it off!!!! They told me it wont be in until Monday and I need my car for the weekend. I think im going to call the head CT office and tell them that I want a free rental car until mine is fixed because its not my fault that they broke it.
Just wondering what everyones thoughts on this were and if there was somewhere or someone in burlington/hamilton/stoney creek area that would have an extra resivor tank even that I will buy from them just so I can get my car! My car is a 93 RS, 5spd.

End of rant

Thanks,
Jerremy
Cyn

Post by Cyn »

Complain.

They had no right to do any of that unauthorized work.

You should at least get a free rental
'99 ECLIPSE SPYDER GS-T
'95 Talon TSI ~ FOR SALE
'95 MX3 RS - SOLD
'93 MX3 GS - SOLD
'92 MX3 GS - SOLD
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

definetly dont pay for the new one, i would advise you never to get a car serviced there not even for an oil change, they are all high school drop outs

I have a spare reservoir i THINK its broken also but im not sure cus ive never used it, I'll run out and check and get back to you asap
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

dont go there at all!!!!!!!!!!!! i took mine in for trnny fluid change and they didnt top it up and i didnt check to c if it was full so anyway i drove it and it started slippin and after that they screwed my tranny up(its automatic) and they didnt do nothin about it and it costed 2200 bucks to fix it! bastards i dont mean to hi jack im just stating whats asses they r.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Slade

Post by Slade »

Thanks for all the support guys. Im just getting off work here now. I work in Burlington at Cogeco so it will take me a bit to get home, but im gonna raise some serious s---. I dont know why they would even take the part off without having the replacement there. I usually do all my own service work but I had to have my car for the weekend and I work 9-5 Mon-Fri so I had no time or light to work on it.

Jerremy
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

i had an "oil change" there...they charged me for it and the put NO OIL back IN!!!!!!!!!

here have a read: (my complaint email)

Today I went to buy a car battery at Canadian Tire in Prescott Ont.
(there is only one), after choosing the battery I was to buy I brought it up
to the counter, and was told i must have the parts desk fill out a warranty
purchase card. When I re-arrived at the counter i realized that the battery
had a massive crack in it and had leaked BATTERY A-C-I-D all over my hands
and my clothes.
I was not impressed but when I asked for some paper towel , and the employee
who had gone to get it did not return, and nobody seemed to be too concerned
about the ACID all over me. I reached a new level of anger that only my
phone call which you will recieve on monday will be able to express! The
other batteries in the row were all checked to make sure they did not leak,
however there was no concern for my skin or my clothes. I was not offered a
place to wash my hands, or Jacket, nor was I offered any sort of
compensation for this more than mentionable inconvienience. By tomorrow my
pants will be full of holes, as will my jacket. So guess what? Im a nice
guy and im going to give you the oppourtunity to fix this before I go
outside the realm of Canadian Tire, and involve somebody who you cannot
ignore. Please do not irritate me further by telling me to contact the
manager/owner of the store, as YOU are in a position to take care of this.

I may add this is not the first raw experience in the last 4 months, as a
simple oil change at the same facility turned into a nightmare when, little
to no oil was put back into the vehicle. This went un-noticed for some time
and there is no question that the incident has done irreversible damage to
my vehicle. I have addressed THIS issue with NO resolve and frankly am sick
of the bull-s--- which now seems to be the Canadian Tire way.

My job puts me in contact with hundreds of people a day, and I don't mind
making my experience with Canadian Tire part of my everyday conversation.
And for the record, no "WE MISS YOU" $10 coupon off your shoddy at best auto
service in the mail will win my business, but more importantly my opinion
back.

Im pissed.
Fix it.
Or I WILL.

Sincerley
Andrew Filion

Post by JWMX3 »

JWMX3 wrote:definetly dont pay for the new one, i would advise you never to get a car serviced there not even for an oil change, they are all high school drop outs

I have a spare reservoir i THINK its broken also but im not sure cus ive never used it, I'll run out and check and get back to you asap

Sorry, i looked at my spare res. it is cracked.... you might wanna call Mikes Auto parts on Mud st, thats only 10 mins or less from stoney creek, last i was there they had about 4 mx3s
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Slade

Post by Slade »

Yeah I know they have a few mxs there, I actually got my strut and spring from there lol. Guess I will try them if nothing comes about.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: So mad at Canadian Tire

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Slade wrote: I replaced a strut on my car this week, while putting the sturut on I broke the metal part of the brake line off of the rubebr part that connects to the rear drum on my rs. So I took my car to the canadian tire here in Stoney Creek to have them replace the brake line only!. So they were replacing the brake line and for some reason they said they needed to replace the master cylinder so they took it off and I said I didnt want it/need it replaced because it was working fine when I took the car in.

So I told them to put the car all back together so that I can jsut take my car home, and they notified me that they dont have the master cylinder in stock and they cracked the resivoir taking it off!!!! They told me it wont be in until Monday and I need my car for the weekend. I think im going to call the head CT office and tell them that I want a free rental car until mine is fixed because its not my fault that they broke it.
Check your service login sheet, does it says fix brake line only? (I'm hoping yes).

-They had to right to diagnose and replace the master cylinder. You did not ask to get it replace, it did not need to be replaced. You should not pay for a replacement, or the labor involved in the replacement or diagnostic, or anything to do with the MS.
-They broke the resevoir, it's for them to replace, no cost in parts or labor should be coming out of your pocket.
-They're incompetance put you without a vehicle and inconvinienced you. I'd be demanding for a loaner too. Their problem is not your problem, and you shouldn't have to suffer for it.

In all defence, my mechanic is a senior mechanic at the Canadian Tire in Welland, he's amazing, he's the one who's done all the work on my car, including the ZE swap, but we do it as his place since he has all the equipment, plus it's cheaper labor for me and extra cash for him. He doesn't do a whole bunch at his place cause he likes to spend time with his family, but man, this guy knows his stuff, and I'm glad I met him, he definitely knows his stuff.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazda_95

Post by mazda_95 »

i am a mechanic for CAA and i can tell you 100 percent that they hand no right to dissasemble you ms. All they had the right to do was fill it and bleed your brakes. Ask for a copy of the orignal work order that they gave the tech, and call the better business bureau and explain what happened and they will be on your side and they will contact canadian tire if you have problems.Thay work order is a legal document for the tech and if it says replace flex line your laughing.

good luck
Slade

Post by Slade »

Well I was in contact with head office last night and teh CT store today and nothing came out of it. All I got was them saying that the it was cold and it broke, and I still say its not my fault he broke it, they should make sure hte car is warm when they work on it, thats why Im paying the shop rate. This is gonna be a fight to the bitter end. I know I wont be shopping @ this location again, I will drive an hour just not to give them business.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Canadian Tire operates some of the worst garages out there. They blatantly lie, mislead customers and do unauthorized work all the time. Many of their garages and technicians have even been suspended from the Drive Clean program.

Its ok to buy parts from Canadian tire just avoid their garage and serving like the PLAGUE.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Slade wrote:All I got was them saying that the it was cold and it broke.
Doesn't matter if it was warm or cold the reason why it was broken, IT SHOULDN'T OF BEEN TOUCHED IN THE FIRST PLACE!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Thats stupid

I work at a CT here in cambridge. And they give you a work order of what you want done. You sign that and they do the work. If something else is not too great they will take note of it for ya. Tell ya it nees to be done. If you wnat it done now then they can do it. If not you just don't get it done. We've never had any serious problems

We do ahve some teenagers doing tires and oil chnages,. One dude forgot to put oil ion some 626 and the customer freaked, and they fioxed his motor fr free and that kid got fired.

Whenever my car needs work normally I will bring it in there and do it myself. Sometimes I get a mechanic who I trust to look at it.

but either way they don't need to make u replace that mc. they broke it they fix it..all they needed to do was remove the cap to bleed the lines and maybe add a bit of fluid and slap that cap back on it.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Crappy Tire = f--- NO WAY for any mechical work, not even an oil change or tire rotation.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”