SMASHED

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
acespdz

SMASHED

Post by acespdz »

Well I saved the car but I lost a fight with a gardrail. I had to smack a gardrail just to save the life of the MX3 and my own because a dumb Trucker couldn't stop and would have killed me so i took a hit on the side to save us both..
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

how bad is she? fixable i assume?
damn truckers drive as if THEY'RE in a sports car...they don't realize that they're an elephant in a herd of gazzels.
if anyone knows truckers here...remind them that momentum = velocity + mass
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

damn truckers drive as if THEY'RE in a sports car...they don't realize that they're an elephant in a herd of gazzels.
Actually, they DO know how large they are, and they are TAUGHT aggressive driving. My roommate is a truckdriver. :P Basically they are told that since they are the biggest vehicles on the road, they can do whatever it is they need to do to get into the lane they need to be in. Personally, I think it should be exactly the opposite.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
acespdz

Post by acespdz »

It is fixable.. But i won't be driving it for about a week since I broke my foot lastnite.. so i'm not going to be driving so i'm probably gonna get it fixed in the mean time.. As for truckers they should have their own roads and shouldnt be allowed to drive with the rest of the world..
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Actually, they DO know how large they are, and they are TAUGHT aggressive driving. My roommate is a truckdriver. :P Basically they are told that since they are the biggest vehicles on the road, they can do whatever it is they need to do to get into the lane they need to be in. Personally, I think it should be exactly the opposite.

You are so f(u)cking wrong it's not even funny pal. I went to Ben Leonard’s Truck Driving school for 3 weeks straight, got my license (which wasn't too hard to get), and then landed a job contract job with Schneider for 1yr, then advanced onto Gibsons for 5 months and that was enough for me...i left the industry.

We are by NO MEANS taught to drive 'aggressively'. By the sounds of it, your roommate is just feeding you a line to look cool. The only problem I have along with 99% of other truck drivers are you people (mainly young people) that think they own the f---ing road and cut us off over and over and over...some even slamming on the brakes when doing it.

Id’ go on, but I would only get my a-- banned as I can’t say how wrong your comment is ”Taught aggressive driving…” f(u)ck.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i agree that there are a number of ppl who do cut infront of the truck drivers, but i am on the road enough to see that lately, the truck drivers have been driver MORE aggressivly than MOST other ppl. i don't care if they were taught that way or if they're just fed up....but they are NOT manuverable enough to get away w/ it and they are WRONG to b doing it.
in rush hr in toronto, other than stupid ppl who can't change lanes, truckers are the cause for alot of the slowdowns because they cannot accelorate fast enough to flow properly w/ stop-and-go traffic (physically impossible by no fault of their own) which then causes everybody to decide "that's a great opening to use to change lanes".
now because of this, it seems that truckers have become @$$'s esspecially about on ramps.....personally when i see someone in an onramp, i let them in if possible or change lanes....truckers don't seem to know about this curtusy and decide to speed up and COMPLETELY block the person off so they have to stop dead and then join traffic going 20!
no WONDER everyone tries to speed up and get infront of them before they're blocked!!!
as a field tech, being on the road constantly...one of my co-workers got rear-ended by a trucker, another one had a truck change lanes into him and caved in his back door (after exchanging info w/ the trucker, he tried filing a claim and the trucking company denied everything....he had to fix his car himself), and i PERSONALLY have had to change my rear shocks and front grill because of ice flying off of an un-cleaned truck, and just YESTERDAY had my F-ING side mirror torn off and my fender gougged in because something else flew from the cab as i was trying to pass him.....and did he stop? NO. called the number on the truck, they just said to go thru my own insurance (i don't have comprehensive!)

I'm sorry for the rant...but i'm PISSED OFF
i know they're on the road having to deal w/ stupid drivers all the time....i'm on the road w/ them usually and i deal w/ the same ppl (sometimes i am one of them i'm sorry to admit)....but they are TOO BIG TO BE DRIVING LIKE THAT.
they need to DEAL WITH the fact that through the GTA they WILL be slowed down by ppl going infront of them. PPL WILL GET HURT if they continue to drive as if they're agile :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

:werd:

my feelings exactly.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
skillz1two

Post by skillz1two »

yah true that. specially at steeles