ecu?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
monkey

ecu?

Post by monkey »

okay my klze is ready to go in the car....my question is will my mx3 computer run that engine okay or do I absolutely need a kl31 0r kl36 computer...How much improvment will I see with the computer swap...Im getting really excited and want to fire it up pronto...Thanx for any imput this site has been a great help!!!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

go ahead and fire it up with the k8 ecu, but i'd start looking for a ze ecu , its gonna cost you a few bucks ! :D (and will work much better)
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: ecu?

Post by jschrauwen »

monkey wrote:my klze is ready to go in the car
When you say "ready", what's all part of this engine. What is the IM and TB that's going to accompany the ZE engine? As JWMX3 noted, you can get away with the K8 ECU provided that you retain the K8 IM and K8 TB and K8 VAF. Your seriously taking away from the true potential of the ZE engine by doing this. I believe you will encounter a rich running engine condition also. That said, I hope you don't need to get an e-test in the near future. Try not to be in such a rush and end up only doing half a job. Try and source an appropriate IM and TB and you'll be able to retain the K8 VAF also. You'll need to get a KL31 or KL36 ECU at that point.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

I love junkyards, You can go in looking for a 88 323 ECU and walk out with a 1994 MX-6 ECU for the same cost =)
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

I ran my KLZE on a KL08 ECU and ran average for about 6 months but then it changed. You can expect things such as Rich fuel/throttle bouncing/power surging/failing emissions/plugs fouling/and people comenting on that deathly emission smell. Take Johns advice and don't do a half a job. I'm still searching for a TB!!!! :sadwavey:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
K-North

Post by K-North »

well i hear aobut people modifying a k8 ecu to be the exact use of a kl 36.. im just wondeirng if there are any around the toronto area that do this...
hey all im a new 92 mx3 gs owner... had a permance clutch but he blew the head gaskets when i bought it.. and theres a lower kit and exaust system.. so i guess i got a okay deal.. but damn wait.. just Dropped in a KLZE engine from japan
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

"slammed6" would be the point of contact for the ecu upgrade.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

jschrauwen wrote:"slammed6" would be the point of contact for the ecu upgrade.
In fact just email his contact at ProbeGTZE@hotmail.com
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
monkey

Post by monkey »

alright thanks for the help guys...I ended up ordering a kl36 ecu, should have it in a few weeks...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”