KLDE HP Question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Bling Bling

KLDE HP Question

Post by Bling Bling »

I've pretty much decided to go ahead with this engine swap. I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten more horse power out of this engine ( without adding turbo/NOS ) and what components they added to do it.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

pretty much everything you add on another engine
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

along with all the bolt-ons...you could go even further depending on how much power you want. You can get the ze cams, heads, intake manifold/throttle body, etc. My advise is take a look over on probetalk and mx6.com. Tons of info there and plenty of knowledgable people.
good luck 8)
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

yea man head over to probetalk and look thru the performance section. I spend lots of time there now since I added my DE. Many guys over there are pulling about 170 whp or about 195hp at the crank on DE's. Thats pretty impressive because the torque numbers are also up there. Also these are guys w/o ZE cams with those numbers. From all I've read the basic build up is full exhaust, CAI, bored 65-67mm tb, millena curved neck IM, lightweight flywheel, and either msd + fuel pressure regulator or for the more advanced fellas they go with megasquirt.
Once you have all that stuff, your car will really move and youll need to start looking into what will give u better times, more traction(lsd/better suspension) or more hp(cams and valvejob)
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”