couple of mx3 problems...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
tinaann1821

couple of mx3 problems...

Post by tinaann1821 »

92 mx3 4 cyl.

check engine light, how can i check for codes, or can i not do that myself?

brake light constantly on

seatbelt beeper beeps randomly

any ideas on these, i dont know much about mx3's i just got this one.

thanks - tina

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Seat belt can be fixed pretty easily. Do a search for the phrase "seatbelt beeping" and you should find the write-up on the fix.

If you don't know how to check for engine codes then you don't need to get them in the first place. Unless you are a decent girl mechanic and just need to know where to start looking for the problems. If you are not a good mechanic and are going to have to take the car somewhere to have the work done then just let them tell you what is wrong. Knowing what the codes are will not help you much in making sure you don't get screwed.
Anyway, if you want to know, jump ten and ground in the diagnostic box in the engine bay with a jumper wire. Get in the car and turn the key to the On position. The check engine light will flash short, semi long and very long flashes. You need to record every flash and write it down. Then the online shop manual will tell you how to read the flashes by what you wrote down. After it has flashed all the codes they will repeat again so you'll need to pay attention to where they start over.
If this sounds complicated don't try it...
Brake light can be several things. But again, unless you know a good bit about how to work on brakes just take it somewhere and let them find out why the light it on and fix it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Welcome tinaann1821!

Brake light on all the time - check the brake fluid level. Don't just look through the plastic but pull the lif off the reserviour and have a look inside. This is the most likely thing as the only other thing it could be is the hand brake switch (unless you're in Canada where it could also be the DRLs).

The codes can be found here:
http://www.mx3er.com/info/CEL%20Codes%2 ... mplete.pdf

This could be what you need for the seatbelt info:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... lt+beeping
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
tinaann1821

Post by tinaann1821 »

PATDIESEL wrote:
If you don't know how to check for engine codes then you don't need to get them in the first place. Unless you are a decent girl mechanic and just need to know where to start looking for the problems.
i am a good mechanic (even though im a girl, but thanks for the concern.) i know about engine codes, but on my old honda it was much easier (just look at the LED fixed insed the ECU.) just because i dont specifically know how to on my MX3 (yet) doesnt mean i cant do it, especially if the only thing involved is a simple circuit jump. sorry if i sound mean, i just get this all the time, people see that im a girl, and assume im technically alone and scared.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I woulda thought most of your questions were answered in my previous post.... :shrug:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
den

Post by den »

I wonder why you posted your picture... :D
Well let a noob mx3er like me welcome you to mx-3.com.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”