Cayuga

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

i can go but ull have to pick me up cuz i dont think my car will be in running order yet, if people end up going call my cell phone.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fieromx3 wrote:well how was i supposed to know uwere goin jon u didnt post that u were goin or let anyone know. but now i gotta meet up with aiden (supragino on vital motion) tomorrow b4 noon to get my wheel. patty is out and i was gonna follow her to the track. krish says he is goin but he wont race so if u go jon it will be u and krish

It shouldn't matter that a person that's 3 hours away from the track be a deciding factor. As myself and Deb have mentioned in the past, we rely on the commitment of people in the local area when deciding on making the long drive. As it was, the only person that showed an interest was yourself and even that wasn't a 100% commitment.
fieromx3 wrote: if ur goin make a meet of it. id be interested in going
All you said was that you were interested.

fieromx3 wrote:so is anyone goin tomorrow? who plans on it?
When you posted this and no one responded, that was all that was necessary for me to decide that I wasn't going. BTW, Krish never said anywhere that I can see that he was or is intending to go. You were the only one that remotely showed any sort of a commitment.

I think I may start to focus on activities closer to home. Ever since we had that good turn-out a couple of weeks ago, I think we can get an average of 9 or 10 MX peeps out for get togethers. The Toronto area member's interest seems to be waining anyway.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

i think the whole cayuga thing is over rated

As a meet where u get a lot of mx-3s out and u can race eachother, that would be a lot better....

Also I think its only fair that we should make a trip out to the frankford area, John and Deb make great efforts to meet us... we should do the same
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

John, you have contradicted yourself

jschrauwen wrote:It shouldn't matter that a person that's 3 hours away from the track be a deciding factor. As myself and Deb have mentioned in the past, we rely on the commitment of people in the local area when deciding on making the long drive.
jschrauwen wrote:When you posted this and no one responded, that was all that was necessary for me to decide that I wasn't going.
That's the thing, it should make a difference if you live 3 hours or 3 minutes away, it's the attendance in general that's the deciding factor, we all know that. It's happened numerous times were we've organised events and stuck to them and had a few actually show up (1st Cayuga meet), but it's also happened where we've organised an event, no one posted interested, but people came anyway (Playdium) and myself, who organised it, didn't bother going cause noone posted interest. Communication is necessary.

jschrauwen wrote:
I think I may start to focus on activities closer to home. Ever since we had that good turn-out a couple of weeks ago, I think we can get an average of 9 or 10 MX peeps out for get togethers. The Toronto area member's interest seems to be waining anyway.
The following factors are why this even doesn't seem to be taking off:
-Myself, the Mx-3 is off the road now for the winter (they called for hail Wednesday, and snow Thursday/Friday. Even if i did go, the cold weather is horrible for traction with my tires, and 3rd gear really isn't happy right now, ask Selecta and Deimos)
-cdngrl420's car is not in running order, nor much track worthy
-Kp2t still breaking in his clutch
-Deimos is discouraged with his ZE times compared to his DE
-Selecta, the organisor of this event, had not confirmed attendance
-fieromx3 posted interested, but back out because lack there of
-jschrauwen did not post interest, but backed out because lack there of
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Well I was set on going but the car is still in the shop....went in to for a basic tune up and there be some issues which need resolving etc...so won't have it back....very shitty.

Wanted to see if I could get it down to high 14s with a better launch.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

yea well i said i was interested and didnt say i was goin for sure cuz i didnt know how many ppl were goin. at the time i knew patty was goin. i talked to krish on msn and he said he is goin but not racing. i thought this was good enough but then patty said she is out so then i backed out becuz she was pretty much my way down there. if u wanna go jon post it up syin if u r goin or just interested then we know how many ppl will probly be in.
Last edited by fieromx3 on November 12th, 2005, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fieromx3 wrote: so dont say i did wrong or screwed up.
I'm not sure where you got that from. I didn't say you did wrong, I did not say you screwed up. In fact you were the only person who posted that didn't appear wishy washy, were very proactive and were genuinely wanting to go.

Not sure if people are interpreting me correctly. I look to positive confirmations that they are commited to an event. I wouldn't hesitate on the possibility if it was only interest based posts if I lived nearby since if it turned out to be a wash I only have a short distance to go back home when it's scrubbed. For me to commit in most cases, I need to see people post their commitments ahead of time. As Mike eluded to earlier (and I'm not sure how he deduced that I contradicted myself) there will be times where an event seems to be iffy but for some reason was a success. I can probably attribute that to those that just lurk and never really post their intentions one way or the other - and these are ones that live close by the proposed event.
Like I've said numerous times before. When someone wants to initiate a possible event they have to assume the responsability to ensure the preparations are put into place. They have to be the focal point on this BB and maintain a proactive posture. The times when I try to organize a gathering I make a concerted effort that nothing is left to chance whenever possible and I strive for the best participation possible. One that comes to mind is when Jaim (good_ glory) organized the first meet on the beachfront or when Ian organized the BBQ (I think it was Ian). That turned out quite well. We need more things and people like that that are willing to make that effort and do what needs to be done. It means the giving of your own free time for the benefit of others. How many outside a very very small handfull are really willing to give back to the club? Since weekdays can be very difficult for some because of distance, weekends are looked to more often.
Rant over, another scrubbed weekend .... who knew?? ... LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

and the mx3 version of as the world turns ^^^^^ stop with the drama and start comin out to the meets people like i understand winters coming and what not but when winter really hits and u have nothing better to do you will have wished you did more before the snow actually hit.
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

when the snow hits, we can have drift contests in the parking lots LOL
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

hey krish that was my idea. really that was. i was goin to organize a drifting meet. i was askin u on msn if there would be interest but u dont reply till like an hour later :?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

btw fieromx3.... before you write in the BB that I said I wanted to go... Please read back the history in wrote in msn... I said I might go.... I didnt want to race because of my new clutch... I was telling Uday that if I go, I'd be to tempted to race, and I spent to much on the clutch to mess it up so quick
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

wanted to go might go i take it as the same thing either way u were sayin u were interested and might go.
Last edited by fieromx3 on November 13th, 2005, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

no one quote me on that im gettin tired of ppl always quoting me its just annoying
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I've found it to be an excellent habit to review posts before hitting the submit button. Even after hitting the submit button I review the finished product and if I'm not satisfied, I'll go back and edit. Not only so that my grammar is correct, but to ensure that when I read it again it still says the same thing as what I meant it to say. In other words, could it be ambiguous, could it be missinterpretted, could someone look at it in a different light. If so, then I'll have to re-word it so that it doesn't get missunderstood. This is what I do.

*John*

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”