395.57 whp 397.05 ft lbs stock KL engine at 15 psi

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

great work man
but like you you said traction is gonna suck , thats what made me stop my project
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I have a ZE w/LSD and it helped a great deal. I don't know if a LSD will be enough for a 400 HP FWD though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
monky20

Post by monky20 »

converting to rear drive is a lot of work....u also have to rotate the engine...your best bet is to go all wheel drive using 323 drive train and rear...less mods but hard none the less
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

I have way too much respect for this car to do anything like that to it. I could never bring myself to welding on the unibody, cutting and smashing it up to do something like that. But if I did, I can assure you I'd use a different power plant than a KL.

It's not a drag car, I enjoy driving it just how mazda made it, but with a little more power ;)

As far as drag cars are concerned, me and a friend have been toying with the idea of a geo metro converted to RWD with a turbo 5.0 V8.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
deathman

Post by deathman »

this is crazy horse power, i don't think many people on probetalk have been that high, but really whats the point the tranny can't handle it. i hope you don't break anything. good luck

by the way do you have a dyno plot?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yes he has one, he posted it on probetalk.
If you don't drive the car like you stole it, the tranny will hold just fine.
It has been holding boost on mine for all summer long with no probs
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

Wow thats amazing on a kl. Now this is all stock right? I'm trying to get millenia injectors so I can take it to redline and feel the full potential of my boosted kl. so far 234whp and 213wtq at 5 psi and only at 5500rpm. Need more fuel to go past that. If anyone has any millenia s injectors let me know. I can imagine how hard it pulls and puts you back in your seat when you drive that beast!! MX3 rules!
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

MX3ze@7psi wrote:Wow thats amazing on a kl. Now this is all stock right? I'm trying to get millenia injectors so I can take it to redline and feel the full potential of my boosted kl. so far 234whp and 213wtq at 5 psi and only at 5500rpm. Need more fuel to go past that. If anyone has any millenia s injectors let me know. I can imagine how hard it pulls and puts you back in your seat when you drive that beast!! MX3 rules!
why not convert to megasquirt and drop those nissan injecetors in ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

don't really know how to mess with MS and running low on cash since I already got most of the fuel management I just want to get injectors for now and run like that untill I have enough cash to upgrade and build the blown ZE.
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
deathman

Post by deathman »

what the point if you can't drive it like you stole it :D

but anyway congrads that's amazing

you know i seen a trany for about $18,000 that could take anything you throw at it. 6 speed, you chose the gear ratio's, it has a lsd if i remember right
it's on the probe are now, but it's moving to the mx3 soon.
m62 suercharger, megasqurit, headers,custom exh. 9lb. flywheel, stage3 clutch, & so much more.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1301296/1
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

where you talking about that one ;)
http://www.prdonline.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=294

good price too !! :roll:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

rebel2k4 wrote:I am using megasquirt'n'spark.
Now would be the time to upgrade the suspension/brakes/tires.
I still want to use 5 lug brakes from a 2G PGT. Or maybe even a 2G RX7. I KNOW there is a GLC with this swap done. I'd love info.
Otherwise, I can maybe have the rotors redrilled for the 4 lug, then make brackets to use the calipers.
I just like the idea of 5 lug, I want some stock 2G PGT 5 spokes on this thing :(
Just realized I also uploaded the wrong video. We have the dyno runs on vid but theyre blurry and no sound (digital camera) so I didnt bother to share them. I want to get that speedometer video up though. Its on my friends computer so maybe I can do it soon.
With proper tires I think I can get a lot better traction. I still am toying with the idea of using 84-85 mustang GT traction bars adapted to work for FWD.
Wasn't this also posted on PT?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
deathman

Post by deathman »

babyblueMX3 wrote:where you talking about that one ;)
http://www.prdonline.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=294

good price too !! :roll:
yup thats the one

if we could hanle that ($$$$$) none of us would be driveing these car's, we could get a high end car
it's on the probe are now, but it's moving to the mx3 soon.
m62 suercharger, megasqurit, headers,custom exh. 9lb. flywheel, stage3 clutch, & so much more.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1301296/1

Return to “Forced Induction”