Help Me PLEASE!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nthedrk71

Help Me PLEASE!!

Post by nthedrk71 »

I have a 1994 Mazda Mx-3 1.6 4-cyl DOHC, I purchased from EBAY an AIR INTAKE SENSOR MOD. However, when I purchased it the guy who sold it ot me never gave me the proper instructions on how to install, including the proper wiring that needs to be used to make this chip perform correctly. Does anyone else have one of these chips and if so do you have a it on a 1994 mazda mx-3 DOHC(1995 4-cyl should be the same), and if so what is the color of th 2 wires you use and the location of them on the air intake sensor mod. I know you have to jump the 2 wires after that I am lost!! SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!! :twisted:
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

The proper way to install one of those "Air Intake Sensor Mods" is to take the entire "mod," place it under the front driver-side wheel, and run over it repeatedly several times until it is smashed beyond all recognition. Then scoop up the remains, and install them into your nearest trash recepticle.

:shock:

Seriously man- dont bother. You are more likely to screw up the car than to help it. Take this as a lesson learned. I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Perry is right. Do you really think that you will get even a few ponies out of that thing. All it does is trick the car into thinking it is getting more air than it is. Thus the car gives more gas. However, the issue is that more gas is not really a good thing. Most likely you'll fail emisions (if you have to have them) get alot of carbon build-up on the motor, exhaust (ruining the cateletic converter more quickly) and getting your rear bumper nice and dirty. You want more power? Get a cold air intake, exhaust, headers or something like that. Don't fall game to cheap gimic crap.
run it over, throw it away, cry for being a fool, get over it, buy something useful and know that you'll always do some reasearch before buying ANY part.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
placham

Post by placham »

IS THAT EVEN A MOD, SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON EBAY LONG TIME BEFORE. DONT THEY SELL A RESISTOR WITH A PICE OF WIRE THAT PLUGS INTO YOUR MASS AIR FOLW SENSOR OR AIR INTAKE SENSOR HARNESS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT RIGHT. IF SO THINK YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR LIKE 3 BUCKS FOR LIKE 10 RESISTORS IF NOT MORE, THINK THEY COST LIKE 10 OR 50 CENTS EACH. JUST GOT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF OHM VALUE RESISTOR TO GET, ADD UP THE COLORS ON IT, EACH COLOR STAND FOR SOMETHING. YEAH IT FOOLS YOUR ECM INTO THINKING ITS REALLY COLD OUT SIDE, AND GIVE IT MORE FUEL. HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPEN ON A 1997 S10, IAT(INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR) WAS ACCIDANTLY UNPLUED SET A MIL LIGHT AND A CODE. HOOKED UP A SCAN TOOL AND ECM WAS THINKING IT WAS -50F ACTUAL TEMP WAS LIKE 95F, WAS LIKE THAT WHEN BOUGHT IT.

YOUR ENGINE WILL NEVER GO INTO CLOSED LOOP I THINK, BECAUSE ECM WILL THINK IT'S THAT COLD, WONT ADJUST THE LONG/SHORT FUEL TRIM I THINK. YOUR CAT WILL GO OUT CAUSE OF THE UNBURNT HC,CO, OR C02
Carmaster2005

Post by Carmaster2005 »

All those are, is a 20 cent resistor that you can get at radio shack in a box with two wires that they sell to people for 20 30 even as high as 70 us dollars. the biggest rip off ive ever seen. You could get a simple cone filter for like 10 bucks us on ebay, and connect it to the end of your mass air flow sensor and get like 5 hp. Ive tried my own resistor mod the only thing i noticed was my gas gauge go down. Good luck
Drive Fast,Hit the nitrous,Enjoy the ride :)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

placham wrote:IS THAT EVEN A MOD, SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON EBAY LONG TIME BEFORE. DONT THEY SELL A RESISTOR WITH A PICE OF WIRE THAT PLUGS INTO YOUR MASS AIR FOLW SENSOR OR AIR INTAKE SENSOR HARNESS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT RIGHT. IF SO THINK YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR LIKE 3 BUCKS FOR LIKE 10 RESISTORS IF NOT MORE, THINK THEY COST LIKE 10 OR 50 CENTS EACH. JUST GOT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF OHM VALUE RESISTOR TO GET, ADD UP THE COLORS ON IT, EACH COLOR STAND FOR SOMETHING. YEAH IT FOOLS YOUR ECM INTO THINKING ITS REALLY COLD OUT SIDE, AND GIVE IT MORE FUEL. HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPEN ON A 1997 S10, IAT(INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR) WAS ACCIDANTLY UNPLUED SET A MIL LIGHT AND A CODE. HOOKED UP A SCAN TOOL AND ECM WAS THINKING IT WAS -50F ACTUAL TEMP WAS LIKE 95F, WAS LIKE THAT WHEN BOUGHT IT.

YOUR ENGINE WILL NEVER GO INTO CLOSED LOOP I THINK, BECAUSE ECM WILL THINK IT'S THAT COLD, WONT ADJUST THE LONG/SHORT FUEL TRIM I THINK. YOUR CAT WILL GO OUT CAUSE OF THE UNBURNT HC,CO, OR C02
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Very nice pic, and I agree. And yes you CAN get resistors at RadioShack(I work there, yay) for as cheap as...99 cents US, and a assortment of 500 resistors for $12.49. I'm at work right now, as a matter of fact :roll: .
Glad I read this post, I was about to fall into the air sensor mod thing trap myself. Saved me a whole $20. Now I can get me a BP(yeah right).
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
placham

Post by placham »

Custommx3

YES YES MY FRIEND I TURN IT OFF RIGHT NOW, sorry my friend it will never happen again, lol.

BTW, did you take that pic or did you find it on the net
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

Custommx3 wrote:
placham wrote:IS THAT EVEN A MOD, SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON EBAY LONG TIME BEFORE. DONT THEY SELL A RESISTOR WITH A PICE OF WIRE THAT PLUGS INTO YOUR MASS AIR FOLW SENSOR OR AIR INTAKE SENSOR HARNESS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT RIGHT. IF SO THINK YOU CAN BUY THEM FOR LIKE 3 BUCKS FOR LIKE 10 RESISTORS IF NOT MORE, THINK THEY COST LIKE 10 OR 50 CENTS EACH. JUST GOT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF OHM VALUE RESISTOR TO GET, ADD UP THE COLORS ON IT, EACH COLOR STAND FOR SOMETHING. YEAH IT FOOLS YOUR ECM INTO THINKING ITS REALLY COLD OUT SIDE, AND GIVE IT MORE FUEL. HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPEN ON A 1997 S10, IAT(INTAKE AIR TEMP SENSOR) WAS ACCIDANTLY UNPLUED SET A MIL LIGHT AND A CODE. HOOKED UP A SCAN TOOL AND ECM WAS THINKING IT WAS -50F ACTUAL TEMP WAS LIKE 95F, WAS LIKE THAT WHEN BOUGHT IT.

Thats jokes..hah
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

oh god you bought that i'm sorry!!!

but hell if you want to use it go ahead cut one of your wires going into your maf and wire in series and vola your done you have now offically voided all warrnty on your car screwed your computer and killed your gas milage but tricking the computer to dump more fuel in to the system if fun (if you know a good mechanic)

word of advice if you do put it in change your idel this will be affected or you will over heat your car at red lights

happy trails little buddy
Reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”