mx3 gs gauge cluster ?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
swalltr207jg

mx3 gs gauge cluster ?

Post by swalltr207jg »

I'm in the process of swapping an mx3 dash into my egt, however I have come across an obsticle that I hope someone here has some knowledge on. While examining the two gauge clusters it is apperent that the mx3 one is digital, while our scorts use the mechanical hookup for the speedo. Does anyone know if it is possible to convert to a digital speedo. Also does anyone know/have a wiring diagram for the mx3 speedo harness so that I can swap the connectors from my gt to the mx3 connectors. Any other info from people that have done this swap before would be appreciated. -thanks-
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Get a pre 94 RS (4 banger) MX-3 cluster, they are cable driven speedo.
As for the wiring, there might be a diagram on the online shop manual on the main page of MX-3.com, but I'm not sure if it has the electrical stuff on it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
swalltr207jg

Post by swalltr207jg »

so the pre 94 cluster will match up with the 94 dash?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

PATDIESEL wrote:Get a pre 94 RS (4 banger) MX-3 cluster, they are cable driven speedo.
As for the wiring, there might be a diagram on the online shop manual on the main page of MX-3.com, but I'm not sure if it has the electrical stuff on it.
Ahh! So it's RS specific...My 92GS is all electrical
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”