Protege 1.8 SOHC > Protege 2.5 KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sysopt

Post by sysopt »

Bump....first post edited with new pics.
Jitb

Post by Jitb »

actually the dx is lighter than the rs so out of the gs-rs-lx-dx the dx is the lightest out of the bunch. Swap isnt hard anf is very very cheap. im glad to see you car runnin syspot. im selling my swap today... :shock:
--BP-T GS--
PWRD_BY_HKS

Re: Car is up and running

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

sysopt wrote:Yes, the car is up and running, and pretty fun to drive. For the radiator... I have no idea what we used, we just found one in the shop that was a good size and this cool mexican guy put the inlet and outlet in all the right places to make it fit perfectly with no cutting of the rad support. The fan is from a J30 and sits in front of the rad instead of behind it and that fits as well. The axles are actually a little too long because theyre for the slightly wider mx3 so I hear some knocking and feel some vibration but it is driveable. I have to get all the other stuff still.... complete exhaust, complete suspension, the correct ecu, maybe a supercharger in the long haul....we'll see. Swap was definitely worth it.

Special thanks to Mario and Yoss and everyone else who helped at the shop. Also to Georonimo for giving me a good deal on the stuff. Excellent guy to do business with.

EVERYONE LOVES US..(MEXICANS)....WE CAN FIX ANYTHING W/TAPE
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”