Altenator woes

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Slade

Altenator woes

Post by Slade »

Just a quick question for anyone in Hamilton area. Im in stoney creek visiting a friend and my altenator died on my 93 RS. I have to replace it tomorrow and just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a remanufactured or brand new one for a decent price, and if anyone would be able to give a hand for a few hours?

Best way of contact is to PM on here.

Thanks in advance.
Jerremy
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

I'm not sure how big of a job an alternator is on the RS, but on my GS it was a 2.2 hour mechanic job, had to drain A/C and a whole bunch of other s---... thankfully enough I got a good mechanic.

It cost me $140 for a rebuilt alternator with a 2 year warranty, + $50 to my mechanic.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

IM getting mine rebuilt today leav ea post if u want ill see if the guy will give us a deal if we bring in 2 lol ill also post a price on what it will cost me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I just drove around and it started working again :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Slade

Post by Slade »

Well I got it torn out, only took 45mins including jackin the car up. Found it easiest to take the slide adjuster piece off and pull it out through the top. Found a place to do a rebuild today for $130, alot better than the $200 + prices I was getting for a renamufactured one.
alexguzu

How did you do it?

Post by alexguzu »

I just have a question that has been bothering me for days. How did you
pull out the alternator. I'm trying for a few days now to pull it out, but i can't find enough room to take it out. What else do i have to remove?
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

it was a b*tch putting in the gs alt cause I have AC and the line was right there so my dad and I had to push the AC line as far left and then with a lot of strategy I got the alt out you just have to find the right angle at which to take it out then you don't have to jack the car up or anything.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”