klze intake manifold?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
monkey

klze intake manifold?

Post by monkey »

I finally have a klze on my garage floor...My old engine is out and Im getting ready to drop in the klze...My concern is this, I have read that the straight neck on my klze will interfere with my brake fluid reservoir..is there a way around this or do i have to get a curved neck intake, if so where is a good place to find one...I also need a kl31 ecu if anyone has info on a reputable place to get one..
K-North

Post by K-North »

ummm just wondering if your putting it in an mx3 why dont u use the old manifold to avoid some complications..
hey all im a new 92 mx3 gs owner... had a permance clutch but he blew the head gaskets when i bought it.. and theres a lower kit and exaust system.. so i guess i got a okay deal.. but damn wait.. just Dropped in a KLZE engine from japan
monkey

Post by monkey »

The research Ive done says that one of the things that is great about the klze is a better intake with improved air flow so I would like to get the most out of the swap and use the complete engine,,,if I am wrong please let me know...and is using the k8 intake a viable alternative?Please any info or links to some good info would be greatly appreciated..p.s yes it is going in a 93 mx3..
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

There is a way to fit the long neck intake, but its tangley. You'd be better off getting a curved neck millenia intake manifold which you can find at junkyards. Make sure to get the throttle body with it as well. They usually go for $200ish US
Or search the for sale section on probetalk or mx6.com and you might find one there
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”