rubbing sound

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

rubbing sound

Post by Bumpysbro »

im having a rubbing sound when i fully turn my wheel in a direction either left or right, just sounds like something jammed in there and rubbing up against something or maybe its my strut but sure dont sound good. any ideas? the car is fully stock, having replaced or repaired anything on the suspension.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

turn the wheel fully and get out and look... See if its touching something. With my 17in rims i still ahve 2 inchs on each end so i am realy good but in your case something doesn't sound right then. Make sure nothing is touching the tire. THe brake line could be rubing agenst it. But just look.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

I had a similar issue and it didn't get any better. After driving for awhile I'd get out and smell something like burnt plastic. I still dunno what it was, but the smell stopped. With my luck I probably effed up something somewhere. BTW my car is stock (kinda), too. See my post in 4 cyl. performance.
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

maybe it was rubbing against one of those plastic splash guards in the wheel well.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
markmclean

Post by markmclean »

"fully turning" your steering wheel in a given direction is a bad idea. the groaning you hear is your power steering pump which will over pressurize over time and crap out on you.check to see if any of the ps lines or inner fender skirts etc are rubbing

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”