What do you need

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

What do you need

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hi all, just a note to thank you guys for letting me help you with the anti-drop bracket. I'm glad that it could be applied to the Mx3s.
In light of this problem being solved, I was wondering if you guys had any other little things that you think I could make to fill a need you have with your Mx3s.
Is there anything you would like to see for your cars?
as you know I don't have an Mx3 myself, but I'm sure I could adapt and make things using Wils car as the guinea pig.

Let me know, and maybe I can develop some things to fill your needs.
Chris Rummel
ps I still have shifter brackets left.
C
94 Miata R package with turbo
91 festiva L with B6T and everthing else modded too.
2008 Mazda 5
No MX3 but you can tell I am a mazda guy
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Affordable lambo door hinges :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

How about good solid sway bar endlinks. I've heard of many other cars that get these custom made. Mazda rips you off with those suckers, and I could use a new passenger one.

Along with the endlinks, Im sure some people would be interested in some beefed up swaybars.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

lambo door hinges
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

heavy duty swaybars. better tie bars
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

stuff

Post by Rumnhammer »

I think the swaybars should probably be made by a company that has the bending equiptment to do that. That would be a bit beyond my abiltiys toolwise. The endlinks might be doable though, you have a pic of one?

I think I'd have to experiment making the lambo door hinges, as I haven't done that type of mod, That might be doable though, since the pics I've seen of the ones that are for hondas seem pretty simple. isn't there a universal lambo hinge avaliable?

What is a tie bar? some form of brace? I know what a tie rod end is. If you mean some form of under car bracing, that is definatly doable, how about something like that?

Anything else?
Chris
2008 Mazda 5
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I dont have anypics of the endlinks, but some people have costum made their own, so it should be easy for u to do. Um ask Will if he can show u an endlink the next time your around his car
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
chertel

Post by chertel »

Carbon fiber cargo cover, pakfeifer was supposed to make it but dont think its happening.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think he is a welder not a CF guy, and that post about making new parts was some time ago. I haven't seen him on here since that anti-drop brackets.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

parts

Post by Rumnhammer »

That's true I don't work with CF, primarly bits made of metal for me.
Chris Rummel
2008 Mazda 5
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Mazdubber wrote:The one and only thing that can and should be produced is a set of on piece strut braces that clear the Millenia manifold.
Don't know exactly what this is, but it has something to do with the hood clearance issue whilst using the Millenia Manifold and front strut bar.

Really don't have a clue here, but maybe somebody else on this forum could shed some more light on what I mean.
'92 GS
My worklog
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

The millenia manifold is higher than the stock one, with some modding of the manifold and a few rings under the strut bar, the original strut bar will fit, but that one is crap anyway.
If there is a new version made, it should be higher in the middle. I would buy it for sure.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

mx almere wrote:I would buy it for sure.
Me too. The swap is to be done in the wintertime, and I want to keep my front strut bar.

This is the manifold I'll be using, and it's the MS8 style:

Picture taken from http://www.outlawengineering.com
'92 GS
My worklog

Return to “New Product Development”