Electrical problems continue... Stereo

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
FiReSTaRT
Supporting Member

Electrical problems continue... Stereo

Post by FiReSTaRT »

All of a sudden my deck started losing continuous power supply today. It would keep coming on and off rapidly. That's why I took it out, checked out all the wiring and it's still well-connected and soldered, so that can't be the problem. What else could be causing that problem other than the unit itself?

Oh and once while it was happening, the speedometer went crazy. I haven't been able to replicate the incident. I don't know if it's related but whatever the problem is, I wanna take care of it before it gets too cold to work on the mx.
Carthago Delenda Est
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

first thing when your speedo went crazy did the needle start jumping about if so go and get your self a volt meter for the car and check that the batttery is being charged if it's not reading a nice 13v (or higher) go get you charging system checked because your alternator could be dying or you have the same problem i had which was a high build up of resistance in the main power wire off the alternator if thats not the problem take out the head unit again and smell it if it smells burnt then i'm sorry it's pouched hope that helps

Reaper
Greg
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
FiReSTaRT
Supporting Member

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Actually that was VERY helpful. I know that my alternator belt is a bit loose. I guess I'll tighten it and see if that will do the trick. As for the head unit, I pulled it anyways to check the contact, it smelled ok, and it didn't feel hot.
Carthago Delenda Est

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”