Electric Doozy

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mazderati

Electric Doozy

Post by Mazderati »

I've got an intermittent rear wiper. (goes on and off randomly) and an interior fan that doesn't work at all. All else is ok. Fuses are fine. I have been to Grants page and tried to figure this out. I admit I'm a bit ignorant about electric probs. Any idea where to start. Do these two things have a connector in common?

Anyone have any feedback? Thanks in advance 8) 8)
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

No one going to to try and take a crack at this one?

:D :D
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I actually had a look at the diagrams - how could I not wil a topic name like that? :D Unfortunately though I can't find a common link between the 2 components. Did both things start playing up at exactly the same time? I'm really thinking its an unfortunate coincidence.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Thanks for your reply Grants. I figured you would take a run at this. :D

The rear wiper was doing this first, then the fan went when I wrongly rewired my drivers door window switch (it broke). I then went and bought a new switch when that buggered things. The new switch is in and no other problems except these 2 things.
What would the common link between the drivers switch and the interior fan. Maybe thats the place to start to look (?)
The rear wiper thing is intermittent, like a loose connection. I have looked but cant find anything obvious.wierd.

Winter is coming, I need a fan!!! You lucky guys "down under" are headed into summer....

Thanks for the Aussie feedback to the "Great White North" 8) 8)

Oy! Eh? :D :D 8) 8)

Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Both the blower fan and rear wipers are on the same fuse but I can't imagine anything wrong with that as the wipers work intermittantly.

Behind the right hand side of the dash is a relay with BLUE / WHITE (12V at all times), BLUE (power when ignition on), GREY ((power when ignition on) and BLACK (ground) wires going to it. This relay should power up with the ignition on and supply power to the blower motor on the BLUE wire. This would be the first thing I'd check. Particularly the ground wire as it is grounded the same place as the power windows.

If you could do that and get back to us it will tell us where to look next.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”