whats this?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
monkey

whats this?

Post by monkey »

Okay, Im new here so here be gentle...Anyway i ve been researching on here for about a month taking it all in..I recently bought a mx3 off of a friend for $200 in great shape, catch is, the motor is shot...supposedly a klze,but I now have my doubts, It was purchased at tiger japenese ( I have read the posts on them lol) and my friend didn't do any research..So here's the question...The heads have the kl31 XXX stamp but the cams say kl 01 on them..The intake definatly isn't a klze looks like a stock 1.8 to me...TB has K8 on it..so what is it?..long story short I dont want to buy from them so could you please send me in the right direction!!!I have the money and am ready to buy but dont want to get dooped..P.S I have tryed the search option on this site but I can't get it to work for some reason..and i live an hour east of T.O
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

wekk regardless...if its for 200 dllrs and it runs why not? maybe its an american newest de ..you need to take the im off to check the ports... those a re de cams maybe its a f8ze or mayve they changed the cams...run it and if it runs take it why not.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

where do you live. that would help us direct you to where to buy a engine from a relatively close area.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

It seems that you do have the KL-01 cammed ze (as opposed to the KL-31 cammed). They usually come with the curved neck manifold so I'm not sure why you would have the k8 intake manifold on it. Since it seems your mechanically inclined, Take a look at the piston tops to see if they are flat topped or dished. That will tell all.
There is a member on here that is around T.O. that posted he was able to get engines. I'll try and find his screen name for you.

*EDIT* ZE pistons will be flat topped ----> http://www.geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html

*EDIT #2* check out this thread for a few people to contact about an engine ----> http://mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=45945
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
monkey

Post by monkey »

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I work weekends but first thing monday I'll get to checking the ports...In response to some of the other replies on here, I live in Trenton and i don't mind driving to the Totonto area or even to Ottawafor a true klze.Oh yeah I already bought the car its a black 1993 mx3 heated leather seats and fully loaded...it had a "klze" swap already done but the engine won't turn, not even when i push it and drop the clutch..
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

monkey wrote:Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I work weekends but first thing monday I'll get to checking the ports...In response to some of the other replies on here, I live in Trenton and i don't mind driving to the Totonto area or even to Ottawafor a true klze.Oh yeah I already bought the car its a black 1993 mx3 heated leather seats and fully loaded...it had a "klze" swap already done but the engine won't turn, not even when i push it and drop the clutch..
Take a 5 minute drive up Stockdale Rd to my place tomorrow (Sunday) and we can go over your options and talk about various sources in T.O. etc. Pm me for address and phone number.
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

and congrats on the mx-3 and welcome to the mx-3 world
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”