//***v6 turbo kit in production...yes!!! for the mx-3***\\

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the kit will consists probably the same as the one for the probe MMI is selling. Maybe details can be discuss with Abe about it.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
ModernMotoringInnovations

Post by ModernMotoringInnovations »

The Kit will include the following:

Headers
Up pipe
Downpipe
Intercooler Piping (w/ Greddy Type S flange)
Intercooler
Couplers and Clamps

We do not include a turbo or wastegate, b/c some of you guys out there want to use different size turbos and we want to give you the option of picking your own size turbo. Dont get me wrong we can add in a Garrett turbo, wastegate, and a greddy BOV for an additional cost. But we hope to run the bulk buy on following items above.

*We hope to have more information on the kit later this week. Stay tuned!* :D

Abe @ MMI Performance
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

ModernMotoringInnovations wrote:The Kit will include the following:

Headers
Up pipe
Downpipe
Intercooler Piping (w/ Greddy Type S flange)
Intercooler
Couplers and Clamps

We do not include a turbo or wastegate, b/c some of you guys out there want to use different size turbos and we want to give you the option of picking your own size turbo. Dont get me wrong we can add in a Garrett turbo, wastegate, and a greddy BOV for an additional cost. But we hope to run the bulk buy on following items above.

*We hope to have more information on the kit later this week. Stay tuned!* :D

Abe @ MMI Performance

ok yea i figured that was the case and im glad
i was just wondering because nobody said if it was gonna
i cant wait for the kit u guys are doing a great job
2002 Subaru WRX In the process of new motor build.
1989 Honda CRX Daily driven Beater. 50MPG!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ModernMotoringInnovations wrote: *We hope to have more information on the kit later this week. Stay tuned!* :D

Abe @ MMI Performance
this mean I got to get my a$$ movin huh ?..lol
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

i am in turbo wooooohooo
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i'm in for sure
Always under construction
MX3ze@7psi

Post by MX3ze@7psi »

its about time someones making a kit for our cars!! But I'll stay with mine for now. I'll be in if I had any more money right now. Wasted all my money on my set up right now. Cool!! Good job babybluemx3! Hope to see a lot of you 3's go turbo too!! :D
MX3 KL-DE, probe/mx6 ebay turbo pipes, T3/T4 50 trim @ 8psi, millenia injectors, SAFC2, intercooled,Greddy RS BOV, turbonetic 38mm external wastegate. Wisco 9.5 forged piston, millenia S rods, and high performance rings coiming in soon. Shooting for 400whp this summer.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Hope ill be able to swing it by the law with this turbo, then im for sure going to buy it sometime in the future if its not a limited offer :)

Have a few questions though...

Not the most important thing, but i drive a lot and the fuelprizes are getting rediculusly high, so hows the fueleconemy with that setup?

Allso i remember reading a post that you had problems with the engine running to hot and no way to cool it, did you fix that problem?

And im no turbo mechanic guru or something like that, so for dumb people like me :oops: Whats needed to get this all up and running fine?

The kit of course plus turbo, BOV and wastegate but what else?
somekind of enginemanagement, i guess the stock ECU wont do? a 195 Walbro fuelpump plus AFPR and maybe bigger injectors?
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

DJsMX-3 wrote:Hope ill be able to swing it by the law with this turbo, then im for sure going to buy it sometime in the future if its not a limited offer :)

Have a few questions though...

Not the most important thing, but i drive a lot and the fuelprizes are getting rediculusly high, so hows the fueleconemy with that setup?

Allso i remember reading a post that you had problems with the engine running to hot and no way to cool it, did you fix that problem?

And im no turbo mechanic guru or something like that, so for dumb people like me :oops: Whats needed to get this all up and running fine?

The kit of course plus turbo, BOV and wastegate but what else?
somekind of enginemanagement, i guess the stock ECU wont do? a 195 Walbro fuelpump plus AFPR and maybe bigger injectors?
I'll try to answer as many questions as possible.
I did ran a little hot but not too much but that was on 20psi !! you guys with stock engine won't have a problem with that. You don't need an aftermarket ecu to run that. Stock ecu is fine with the help of a fmu or add. injectors to up the fuel with boost. For the k8 guys 220cc should be fine (kl engines injectors) for other guys with kl millenia 280cc ecu's will work good for around 8-9psi.
you'll need to mod the cross member in order to have downpipe pass through there. you'll need aftermarket fans too mounted on the other side of your rad. a walbro 255lph fuel pump, think that's all I can think off now.

My suggestion though is getting a megasquirt built (or build it yourself), this way no fmu is needed and no vaf either. You can get a really good tune with it and will make your engine last longer and with more power too !
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
ModernMotoringInnovations

Post by ModernMotoringInnovations »

Thanks for answering those questions BabyBlue....I have been real busy at the office today. I will also try answer all questions in a timely manner.

Abe @ MMI Performance
grey mx-3

Post by grey mx-3 »

no way no turbo included how much more is it gonna if you want a turbo to be added in.i dont care what kind of turbo it is as long as it breaks like 250whp
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Just curious, is the turbo only being driven off of 1 bank of cylinders or is it working with the exaust of all 6?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

working on the 6 cylinders.
primaries joining into one (3-1) then each into 1 again (2-1)
so that's

----|
----|----|\
----| . . . \_____TURBO
----| . . . /
----|----|/
----|
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
slowmx3

Post by slowmx3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Just curious, is the turbo only being driven off of 1 bank of cylinders or is it working with the exaust of all 6?
Didn't you look at the pictures?? Its pretty obvious...
1992 mx-3, a couple mods, i'm still a n00b
---Don't try and church your car up, MX-3's aren't fast---
cb2big4u

Post by cb2big4u »

Will this fit my Stock V6 if I have my battery relocated, a/c and cruise taken out?

Return to “Forced Induction”