what kind of noise would it make?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
happyclown

what kind of noise would it make?

Post by happyclown »

If a frount swaybar end link was blown what kind of noise would it make?

Would it clunk when first taking off? and hard shifts into second?

I've been tryin to find whats makin this noise and one day while under the car I was feelin her up :shock: and I can wiggle the pasenger side of the sway bar only a bit, but i figure i can really shake it as well as a car under load :wink:

Thanks...
1993 RS Teal
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

That sway bar shouldn't move at all. Definatly just look around it to see where it may be broken.

Never had one break on me so I'm not sure exactly what sound it would make, but what you describe makes sense in my head.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

I dont think its the bar that broken... although it could be... i think its the bushings at the end that are blown out... but i dont know how the end links of a swaybar work, so i dont know if that would cause a clunking. Its supposed to rain hardcore for the rest of today and the next three days, but if theirs a break in the storm i'll go look for breaks in the bar.
1993 RS Teal
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I'm sorry man... I didn't type what my brain told my fingers to type. I mean to check the links, not the actual bar itself. If you manage to break the actual sway bar, you are definatly doing something wrong lol.

Yeah, check the links and you will see how they go together. It's pretty straight forward. You will be alright.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: what kind of noise would it make?

Post by neutral »

happyclown wrote:If a frount swaybar end link was blown what kind of noise would it make? Would it clunk when first taking off? and hard shifts into second? I've been tryin to find whats makin this noise and one day while under the car I was feelin her up :shock: and I can wiggle the pasenger side of the sway bar only a bit, but i figure i can really shake it as well as a car under load :wink: Thanks...
Should also check your motor mounts. Sounds like a possibility for the symptoms described.
Image -Jim
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Sounds like a balljoint or a motor mount.
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

those were my thoughts exactly, im almost positive that its not the motormounts, those look good to me and the garage i took it too. I dont know what balljoints are supposed to look like but if i cant wiggle the wheel and get it to clunk and i took it to a garage and they said that the baljoints were good.

If i grab onto the end of the sway bar, on the passenger side i can wiggle the joint enough to get a tap tap out of it, when i try the same thing on the other side i cant get it to budge...

which is normal? or for concistancy should I go ahead and replace both joints?

think that would solve the clunking?
1993 RS Teal

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”