WANTED. ENGINE SWAP IN MY 94 RS.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
vtmx3

WANTED. ENGINE SWAP IN MY 94 RS.

Post by vtmx3 »

THIS 1.6 DOHC JUST AINT WORKING FOR ME GUYS. NOT FAST ENOUGH FOR MY TASTES. WHAT ENGINE DO YOU RECOMEND. HOW HARD IS THE SWAP ANYWAY. I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP MY A/C AND POWER STEERING IF POSSABLE. I also have cruise control. I would like to use the 1.8l motor. Turbo charge it . I have saved up some money and with winter coming I would like to have a engine to work on wile I sit inside all day so not to freez my a-- off. what do you think?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

b6t would be probably the easiest swap.. from an 88-89 323 turbo or a mecury capri look under the faq theres a write up on it. i just did it myself
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Bang for $, B6T is probably the best. The BP would probably be easier though.
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
vtmx3

yes

Post by vtmx3 »

well what is the easiest when it comes to wiring?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

vtmx3

yes

Post by vtmx3 »

:roll:
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i know the b6t its a b---- for wiring if u use the b6t head if you use your head its easy cuz all the connections are the same if you use the b6t head all the connections are different. if you use the b6de head there are 2 oil galleries that leak oil but they are fairly easy to plug and the injectors would have to be replaced with the bp ones and thats really not that much. i personally would get the b6t engine with your stock head since it flows air better. but thats my opinion its your car....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Shades

Post by Shades »

JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Straight up, no switching anything, the standard BP is easiest... as far as wiring goes.
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

actually the bp is easiest with the sohc mx3s not the dohc. u hafta cut some of the cross member if u do the swap where the b6t is a drop in with the same motor mounts and well u can use the b6 de head on the b6t block....
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

95 rs wrote:actually the bp is easiest with the sohc mx3s not the dohc. u hafta cut some of the cross member if u do the swap where the b6t is a drop in with the same motor mounts and well u can use the b6 de head on the b6t block....
i put a BPT in my DOHC...no cutting. BP mounts work. wiring is worse than the SOHC.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”