2 different strut bar:

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fir3

2 different strut bar:

Post by fir3 »

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The first looks better. If you look at the part where they connect to the strut tower you'll see that the second one has some sort of cut part on either side and that is going to make the piece less rigid and take away from the benefit that you are supposed to get from the strut bar in the first place.

long sentance... whew, sorry.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Yoda

Re: 2 different strut bar:

Post by Yoda »

Basically nothing. These are the version originally designed for the 323 hatch back. There was a revised version made by the same manufacture in Taiwan that was design to fit the MX-3 with A/C. These can be identified by asymetrical squared off bracket for the bar. On one there seems to be a cuts out made on the horseshoe bracket for some reason but they are made after the first two studs so will make very little structural difference once installed. Some were I still has the original blue prints for both versions on a back up tape.

In either case both designs were designed mostly for show and don't not brace the strut towers all that rigidly. in its design it was made to flexi and bend with the front end crumple zone in the event of a accident.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I would just get the bars from nopionline. I got the front and rear for $35 each.

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp ... X-3%201992

They are pretty beefy bars.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The question is, now well those those fit on a ZE IM? I know Deimos has something that looks similar to the first two that were posted and he can't use his...i have the corksport one that I was able to relocate more towards the rear will long bolts.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

We modified the front one from nopi slighlty and it fit.

We just heated it up with a torch, bent it a little, and it fits fine.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”