having trouble finding a Ram Air for a DOHC 4cyl 96 mx-3

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
funkyfreak

having trouble finding a Ram Air for a DOHC 4cyl 96 mx-3

Post by funkyfreak »

hey guys!! I'm looking to replace my air box ( and tube to throttle) as the tube is cracked right through.

I have found this on ebay which would be nice (for the summer):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-MA ... dZViewItem

But it's for a SOHC and mine is a DOHC..... does it really make a difference??? can't not use a SOHC one??

I'm basically removing the whole assembly right? so I would think that a SOHC would work...but you guys are the experts so you tell me...

I'm in Ottawa, Canada so if anyone can tell me where to go to get a Ram Air or a Cold Air (for a decent price) that would help too!

Thanks guys!
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

It looks pretty close. Remember if you have a DOHC your MAF is differnet. It isn't a huge piece of aluminum like the SOHC. You might have some problems there, but, from what I hear, they are supposed to fit.
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i made a custom short ram air and i could notice the difference pretty good alot better throttle response and a lil more get up and go....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

you would be better to get one made....i've been looking for a few yrs now, and cant find s..... Ractive used to make one but dont anymore. find a vechile thats close, and hack it to fit, just use a few conectors. I gotta use one from an integra for my ze, and got a canadian tire air filter on the end of my air flow sensor in my 1.6 dohc. kinda works like a ram air with my hood........
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the cold air intake is fully usable for the dohc engine you jut have to relocate your coolant overflow tank if you want the cold air portion of it not hard at all
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
funkyfreak

Post by funkyfreak »

sweet!! I'll be getting that soon then... so can I just leave the 'cold air' part off for the winter and make it a ram air??
thanks guys!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”