charge light keeps coming on

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
m92_MX3

charge light keeps coming on

Post by m92_MX3 »

My charge light keeps coming on, but my volt gage says it's at 15 volts. But, my car doesn't act like the bettery is dying. Top RPM it goes off, and then when i'm back in idle it comes on again. What's wrong?
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

check the tension in your belt and if it seems fine id take it to a shop and get them to perform an AVR test thats all i can think of right now it might be ur altenator not charging 100% at idle but when u give it gas you put a load on it so it could be fine. so id check the belt and if nott hat get an AVR done.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

15 volts is too high - get the alternator checked as 95 rs said.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Alternator, I agree. I had the same problem. When I got up to around 2200 RPM the light went off and never came back on until I restarted the car. Got new alternator (because the car finally DIED) and doesn't come on anymore.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”