Don't forget to lift the handle

Other - General Mazda Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

BornSticky wrote:i just bought a astra 777 it has keyless entry latch lights horn all the normal crap and the windows go down when u press the button but I need to install it and store want like $450 dollars to install all this to my car.........tear......... :cry: I paid 90 bucks for the alarm but its usless right now cause i dont know how to wire it up I need help Ill post it in the electronics forum
:? OK, good idea. :?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I know if i had to lift the handle to close my door in my previous cars it would have saved me a lot! of time and money....
Its when your closing the door and the last second your like OH CRAP let go of the handle and vuella you just open it again unlike domestic cars door goes click, just one tiny little click and you spend the next hour undoing that click. I personally like that you have to hold the handle. Its just a little anoying having to wait for every one to get out of the car then lock the doors.....but worth it when your 2 hours away from your spare key because the one on your car fell off you dont have to call a tow truck for 40 bucks to come put a thing through your window and 10 seconds later you can get in. (Id at least like to see them have to put some effort into it, it would make me feel that its not that easy to steal my car.)
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

But is so easy to fix the problem of locking your keys in the car. Just keep a spare in your wallet. You'll probley think its too big, but ive never noticed it poking me in the butt. Its saved my butt twice!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

first thing I did when I got my car was put a spare key in my wallet. Haven't had to use it but most likely will sometime.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i removed that stupid feature from my car....you can screw around with teh lil rods that move the lock/latch mechanisms up and down and it'll make it so you can slam the door without having to hold the damn handle
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “General Mazda”