Where are you all getting KLZE's from these days?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dkrangers

Where are you all getting KLZE's from these days?

Post by dkrangers »

Just as the title says. I used to have an MX-3 a few years ago and I swapped a ZE that I got from street imports but they no longer sell them. I found them on one site but thats all i could find. I need one for a friend to put in his MX-6.

thanks for the help guys, I still love mazda's even though I drive a honda these days... I'm a MX-3 man for life!
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Got mine from http://www.jdmdepot.com up in Kearny NJ. It was around $840 after tax. That's not including the ecu, clutch and axles I had to replace as well as basic tune up parts. All in total, it ran me about 1500. The place is a decent size warehouse and they had tons of motors. 2jz, klze straight and curve neck, 3 rotor, 2 rotor, bpt, sr20det and a ton of b16,b18 and h22. All JDM. I think they have front clips and ecus and wiring harnesses also.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

They have an ebay online store aswell. shipping isn't too bad either if you can't pick up. They were luckily about 20 minutes north of me so I just picked up.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

We have a list, search :)
kev259

Post by kev259 »

Got mine from Noyan. Super clean, and runs like a champ.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Best japanese Engines in Marietta, Georgia. Also tell them Patrick of MX-3 owners club sent you and he'll give you a discount.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

All Japanese Engines in Miami. We've got about seven engines from him so far with no problems. Great prices too.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Corksport has ZEs with a programed ECU to, right? Why havent I heard of any one buying there? I think its a grand five for both.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

sk8erdude802 wrote:Corksport has ZEs with a programed ECU to, right? Why havent I heard of any one buying there?
Because they're a ripoff.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

sk8erdude802 wrote:Corksport has ZEs with a programed ECU to, right? Why havent I heard of any one buying there? I think its a grand five for both.
Yeah like lakers said that is a ripoff. You can easily get ze's for $800 and a true ze ecu for $200.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Ok i am looking at purchaseing a ZE so with the axels and trany would i need new ones. Or am i able to use my K8 trany still? Its still godd i am getting anew clutch and fly wheel. But axels do I really need new ones? Or do the stock ones just cannot handle the power?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Legato626 wrote:Ok i am looking at purchaseing a ZE so with the axels and trany would i need new ones. Or am i able to use my K8 trany still? Its still godd i am getting anew clutch and fly wheel. But axels do I really need new ones? Or do the stock ones just cannot handle the power?
Stock axles are good if there is nothing wrong with them. Stock tranny is good as well. All you need is the engine, ecu, correct intake manifold and then whatever preventative maintainance you want to to do the engine.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Like the curved head? TB to? spark plug wires and spark plugs? Where does it come with everything. because this Jan i am done paying off my car and i want to get another lown and get a KL-ZE swap but i want to make sure i do this right. research..research...research!
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Selecta

Post by Selecta »

A new clutch won't hurt either...as the power gain is fairly substantial.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

i got a light weight flywheel and stage 3 clutch coming. And what i was thinking about doing was getting my trany just refurbished get it all cleaned out and rebuilt if need be. but the axeles... not sure if i need new ones. Because i heard the stocks do have a way if going out. But how much is it for a good set of axeles?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”