mornings are getting colder....any tips...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

it stopped rainning, so i switched them...this is what they all looked like...hopefully this image works, its the first time i tried it.

can anyone identify if i wasted my time putting in new ones or were these ones fine?...im not sure how to tell the difference.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
mycarhatesme

Post by mycarhatesme »

btw...the white part on the top is all ash looking, i wonder if i can crumble it...im going to try, brb....im glad the picture worked.
My names Dave, and Mazda has direct access to my bank account...sighs...
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

DaRepoMan73 wrote:Actually....cold DOES NOT kill batteries. That's why you store them in the cols and they will last longer. Heat kills batteries you just don't notice until it is cold and your battery has to work harder to turn over a cold engine.
Just thought I would add my 2 cents
Then why are the cold cranking amp ratings always a lower number than what the same battery generates when temps are warmer?
Image -Jim
Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

Most batties are stored in cold storage so they dont go bad or lose their juice. Its when the engine is cold, the starter has to work way harder to crank that baby over, so the battery is maxed out in cold.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/blbattery.htm

Batteries are stored cold so that they dont loose their juice before being sold.
But if batteries are "used" when they are cold they die quickly - you can try experimenting with a digital camera in normal weather and cold weather and see which condition kills batteries soon.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”