transmission/ differential and vibrations

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ssmog

transmission/ differential and vibrations

Post by ssmog »

Hi all.......Haven't been around much this summer.......it's been crazy at work..so busy we're turning work away as we just don't have the qualified manpower.......Anyhow, I changed my clutch on the weekend, also rebuilt the slave cylinder, replaced both cv axels, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, struts, strut mounts and bearings, link kits, rotors, pads but noticed the bearing surface on the differential is scored, Do I need to remove and disassemble the trans. in order to replace that bearing and thrust washer? Also, I have nast vibrations which I didn't have before, these vibrations only occur with left hand turns/ curves, eccelerations or over hills such as a crest in the road at an intersection when travelling at a highway speed ( 80 km's and up) I saw that I need to replace two motor mounts which I will be picking up at the dealer tomorrow.......is there a possibility that those faulty mounts will be the cause of the vibrations? It seems odd that the vibrations are not present on a straight away or with right hand turns/ curves. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch gang.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”