forever beeping

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Corso

Post by Corso »

ok so its disconnected and beeps if the headlights are on, it wont beep if my interior dome lights are on like by the rear view mirror. so im guessing it might actually be the key reminder switch but what exactly is the key reminder switch is it the whole assembly the key goes in or what im just not sure, and is there another problem if it doesnt beep with the interior lights being on? thank you so much for your help.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yes! It definitely must be the key reminder switch. It shouldn't beep with the interior lights on - what I meant was if the interior lights work ok with the door switch, ie if you open the door do they come on (with the switch near the rear vision mirror in the right position of course).

Exactly where the key reminder switch is I don't know but yes it very well could be built into the key switch. You'll need to have a very close look where that wire connects to and see if you can work it out. I'd try the WD40 thing first, make sure you get plenty inside where the key goes in and stick the key in and out several times. You never know - it might unstick the switch.

Let us know how you go.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Corso

Post by Corso »

yeah the WD40 didnt work but i gotta work in an hour so tomorrow i think i'll fiddle with it tons, the wires go to a white little box which is connected to the key start, but i couldnt get it off so i'll probly fiddle with it tomorrow, maybe try replacing it from a pick apart well see, if you get any more info please let me know thanks a tons again.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”