forever beeping

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Corso

forever beeping

Post by Corso »

i know this topic has been brought up before but i dont think there was ever a solid answer. so my keys are out of my car, my lights are off, all my dome lights are off, everything is off, open the door and it ALWAYS beeps i just dont know what it could be, just any one have any suggestions for me to check that would be great thanks :D.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

sure its not the seatbelt light?
There is a how-to on the fix on the main part of the website.
Corso

Post by Corso »

there not electric seatbelts or anything but i will check that fix to it. thanks, if theres anything else you can think of let meknow thanks.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Did you want to fix it so the beeping works as designed or are you happy to do away with the beeping altogether? The diagram for it is here
http://www.mx3er.com/Info/1993%20Wiring%20Diagrams.pdf

Figure 6, grid C23 shows the CPU that controls the beeping.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

mine does the same, mine stems from the ignition not clicking all the way off, only does this if the key comes out before going all the way down. it actually killed my battery over the weekend, friend did not close the drivers door all the way.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

try loosening the screws that are on the bottom of the door frame where the little push sensors are that may help thats what I did to mine to stop the beep when I work on my car with the doors open.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Corso

Post by Corso »

ok so this is just driving me nuts. im wondering if theres a wiring flaw somewhere and its grounding out. i have manual seatbelts so i dont think thats the problem. i replaced the door sensors like the ones that push in when you close the door for the beeping. the drivers side was curroted so i replaced it and the passanger side. it still beeps whenever the driver door is open it beeps but yet when the passanger door is open it never beeps i just dont know. in any situation, keys in out, lights on off it doesnt matter it beeps. :shock:
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Try disconnecting the drivers door switch altogether and see what happens.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Corso

Post by Corso »

i did disconnect it for awhile then there was no beeping ever and no interior lights ever while the door was open.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Can you disconnect the key reminder switch? I imagine you can get to it by taking off the shrouds on the steering column - just a few screws from underneath. If that switch isn't operating properly the CPU will think there is always a key in the ignition. The wire colours at the switch should be BLU-RED and WHITE. Just disconnect the white one if you can and see if that stops it.
Corso

Post by Corso »

ok that will make it easy cause my car is missing that piece lol. but if i disconnect this white wire what exactly does that do, will that just be the same as disconnecting the door sensor? i wanna try to make it work properly so if the keys are in there then they'll beep and if the keys arent it wont ect..
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

It will tell you if the key reminder switch is faulty. If the beeping stops but the interior lights and headlight reminder work ok, you'll need to replace / repair the key reminder switch.
Corso

Post by Corso »

ahhhhh ok i got ya now, i'll try it in a few minutes and post back after thanks.
Corso

Post by Corso »

ok so i took the panel off cause i had half of it. there was a white and blue wire going to a connector, then on the other side of the connector it was a red and green wire i beleive which went to the key part (where you insert the key lol) so is that what you were talking about cause i disconnected the connector and the beeping stopped but im not sure if thats what you were talking about and if it is what is the actual piece i need to replace?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

When the beeping stopped did you check that the interior lights and headlight warning worked ok?

If they work ok you'll need to repair / replace the key reminder switch. I haven't ever tried to remove this switch so can't give you any assistance on how to get it out. You could try to spray a lot of WD40 or something around where the switch is including down the keyhole and try to work it around by inserting the key several times. Otherwise you'll need to work out how to remove the switch and get a new one.

Good luck with it.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”