Do you bash on anytype of Honda?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 21

freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I like hondas for the reliability. They've been known to run just shy of 250,000 and still have the valve springs be within tolerence for clearance and spring rates. I can't name the magazine off the top of my head but just this month they posted a test on a B16A1 where they turboed one completely stock and overboosted it til something broke. The rods held, the crank held but the piston cracked at 17.4 psi. Damn good in my opinion and probably would have hit 20 psi had the tuning been better. Honda makes good motors, and the aftermarket support gives you unlimited oppertunity.

I hate them cause they're too popular... you can get a cold air intake from walmart for god sakes. We have a saying that "Civics and mitsubishi's are like tampons, cause every pussy's got one." I make it a point to find ones that are unique, built clean or well, or just plain fast due to a full build. But I hate people who think they're the shizzle cause they have a cat back exhaust on their civic... so i'm really torn
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

This is a kinda funny site but the guy who made it is one of those "I only drive a chevy cause there built ford tough" kinda guys
http://www.anti-rice.com/
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i like hondas not as much as i did but they r too common now. honda makes some of the best and most reliable engines around and it doesnt take that much to make go really fast with are cars u gotta put so much money in the engine and suspension just to go mybe 12's while u can get the hondas down to the 9's and 10's.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Other than bashing Hondas (Honda drivers) cuz I'm mean, ... I mostly bash em cuz they're like nipples - everyone's got em.
Image -Jim
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

47% of you dont bash on hondas??? wtf is wrong with you people? :P
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

all of the time.

i only like the 88-91 generation ones, especially CRX's. I'd still buy one if i could find one for a good price, in good condition.

I also like the EK hatchbacks, but other than that, all civics are gheyz0r.

Too common, attract the most idiotic of people and are IMVHO too easy to modify. They aren't a challenge and don't cost any money to mod up. Its just boring if you ask me to own one to mod.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Many of my friends own Hondas as well, and having driven a few in my time, I can say first hand that they were enjoyable experiences. As had been said already, the reliability of their engines is something that deserves recognition and respect. And for that practicality alone, it's reason enough for me to want to own one, but I ended up buying an MX-3 for it's uniqueness. I don't think the fact that Hondas are so popular makes it a reason to hate them; I just wanted to be a little bit more original was all. And as far as how easy it is to modify a Honda, what's wrong with that? I mean, I can understand it if someone likes a challenge. But there are just as many people out there who would find that the ease of installation and cheap modding costs to be very attractive, especially the inexperienced who don't have much mechanical know-how.
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:

Return to “Off-Topic”