Hmmm

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
CarMan1

Hmmm

Post by CarMan1 »

hmm, i want a fast car, just for fun... Im debating if putting that kind of money into my MX is worth it, or just buy a car thats made to be fast...

i figure id hafta buy a BP, swap it, then turbo it.. thats alot of cash.. heh

not to mention all the time it would take
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Its definately easier to buy something fast.. But no where near as satisfying as building something fast. Its your call of course.. but for me.. If I dont build it.. it just isnt as much fun or it just doesnt seem that fast.. :shrug:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

just to go along wiht tunes point i also think that with me i just get more out of it when i pull up to someone and they have there civic that they bought for 9 grand with a body kit will kick my cars a-- that i have put my time into and have the knowhow to do it, and lets say it does beat me (not the civic) i will still be proud to know that they can give me 3 weeks and i will kick there a-- then doing all that work by myslef at the age of 17.
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

then u'd wanna go with a big ole v6 midsize coup or muscle car
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

It all depends on how much money you want to invest

You can go buy a V8 but then again your going to end up spending alot on the car, insurance and gas.

You can end up doing a engine swap on your MX3 (Engine Swaps are common with many old/cheap imports), add a turbo and ether be killing or hanging with V8s.
What I hear from some BPT guys is that they spend about $2.5k on completing the swap.

If I had $5k and my MX3 was more realible, I would go for a cheap $240 KLDE engine, rebuild the engine with forged internals, custom turbo setup, bigger fuel injectors, high-HP axel, 67mm throttle body, CAI and a complete MTX swap.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

i was thinking about swapping in a BP engine, and turboing it... but id still prob be slow compared to atleast 3/4 the cars on the streets...

and also for that price i could buy something that is easily made fast, and just make it faster, so im really debating the issue

but on the other hand, ill always have my little sohc mx-3 cuz i get the awsomest gas mileage out of anyone i know, tho traveling long distences sucks b/c it doesnt go over 65 very well hehe...
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

CarMan1 wrote:i was thinking about swapping in a BP engine, and turboing it... but id still prob be slow compared to atleast 3/4 the cars on the streets...

and also for that price i could buy something that is easily made fast, and just make it faster, so im really debating the issue

but on the other hand, ill always have my little sohc mx-3 cuz i get the awsomest gas mileage out of anyone i know, tho traveling long distences sucks b/c it doesnt go over 65 very well hehe...
Actually, with a BPT swap you should be running low 14s. If you do a couple extra mods you can bring it to high 13s in no time.
In my opinion, a car running low 14s isnt slow espically if it only has 200hp and 160ft torque running on a small 1.8L 4cyl engine.
Dont forget, many V8s like the newer Camaros or Mustangs run mid/high 13s. The older Mustangs (1985-1998) and older Camaros (1985-1994) run high 14s and low 15s.
Hell, GSX Eclipses run mid 14s.

I dont know how much your car cost but by the end, you would have probably spent $5k (MX3 and the mods) which is about the same you would spend on buying a V8 except that you dont have to pay extra on gas and insurance. Also, you have a brand new low mileage engine and a car that still handles good aswell

What fast type of cars are you looking into?
Infact, the best question I can ask you is, how fast do you want your car to be?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

A well-boosted MX3 is a thing of beauty. Fast, sleek, agile. And nobody really expects it.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Actually, with a BPT swap you should be running low 14s. If you do a couple extra mods you can bring it to high 13s in no time. In my opinion, a car running low 14s isnt slow espically if it only has 200hp and 160ft torque running on a small 1.8L 4cyl engine.
Dont forget, many V8s like the newer Camaros or Mustangs run mid/high 13s. The older Mustangs (1985-1998) and older Camaros (1985-1994) run high 14s and low 15s.
Hell, GSX Eclipses run mid 14s.
Actually a ZE should be mid to low 14's. My ZE with just the basic swap was 14.75 (but the more I do to it the slower I get, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong)

A BPT, having the same HP, if not a bit more, but more torque and less weight should be into the 13's easy
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

im actually looking at buying a Nissan 300zx.. but i would still keep my Mx-3 for a daily driver, since its a fun car, and its neat to watch people look at it wondering WTF is that? hehe
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

My friend has a 79 datsun 280zx and sure its pretty fast for its age but if it were me id rather make my mx fast than go get one of those. I like the style and feel of my car too much. But then i dont know too much about the mechanical part of cars so i dont realize the effort it would take to swap an engine and do all the other stuff to make it fast.
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

yeh thats one of the things im debating atm, i like how u dont see very many mx-3's on the roads anymore....

but i dont know yet... i guess ill start saving and decide this winter/spring about what im going to do.. i could either buy another car or put it all into my mx... /shrug

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”