THE INVADER KIT MUHAHA

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Cosmas

THE INVADER KIT MUHAHA

Post by Cosmas »

I need the input from the guys under 30 yrs that have done body work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Invader- ... enameZWD1V

That bad boy is what I'm thinkin about slapping on mine. However, I have
been told by a neighbor who did some body work years ago that it's very difficult. 1.) the kit itself may not fit perfectly and that adjustments must
be made for it. 2.) Paint doesn't always stick to it. 3.) That price is way too high for such a thing that really isn't in high demand.

So if theres someone out there that has this kit, or knows about it, talk to me.
How hard was it for you? I've seen this sucker out there for about $1k. So I really think that the asking price isnt all that bad, but one guy insists its too high for such an old car.

My thanks for any input, and if this has already been discussed.. well. Blow me. <- Fuel inject is good too.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well ive paid like over $450 USD for front only shipped from FXdesigns when I got my mx3. so this deal on ebay isnt so bad. as far as fitment yes its hard, every fiberglass part needs to be fitted, they just DONT come direct bolt on 100% perfect fit. and youll need to cut your reinforcement (bumper behind the cover)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm he only has 3 positive... and hes bveen on ebay sicne august? I bet you he was under another nick ..his id history does not state so but... I dont know... seems all too fishy to me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cosmas

Post by Cosmas »

well i dont have to get it from this guy, but the offer is quite tempting.

Good to know mitmaks, did you paint yours? did you have any trouble. Ive heard some paints dont stick to fiberglass, not too sure bout that. And are you talking about the frame itself? (behind the bumper). Id hate to cut into her.
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: THE INVADER KIT MUHAHA

Post by neutral »

Cosmas wrote:I need the input from the guys under 30 yrs that have done body work...
wth? Do guys over 30 yrs start getting too creaky, demented, and senile to retain their knowledge and skill w/bodywork? :P :wink: Sheeat, I'm in trouble then :shock:
Image -Jim
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: THE INVADER KIT MUHAHA

Post by jschrauwen »

neutral wrote:
Cosmas wrote:I need the input from the guys under 30 yrs that have done body work...
wth? Do guys over 30 yrs start getting too creaky, demented, and senile to retain their knowledge and skill w/bodywork? :P :wink: Sheeat, I'm in trouble then :shock:
OK, OK, Jim, move your walker aside and let this young fella through ...LOL. Perhaps he wants feedback from the yout's as to the kit's blingyness .. hey and that's cool. As far as manufacturer's glassing and gelcoat qualities - maybe he would consider a wider input. Oh, Oh, too much typing, I better rest now ... time for my nap. You take care of dem youts Jim :lol: .
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

seems kinda fishy......99 available ?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

as long as its got gel coat any paint will stick to it just fine, just a matter of prepping. yes youll need to make some cuts in the plastic bumper behind bumper cover, thats for most kits too not just combat, it is NOT too hard.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

if he put 99 available, probably means he backorders them. Kinda smart, only buy when someone buys from him.

But there are a dozen companies in SoCal that sells the FX/Vader kit for around $500+shipping. Look around a little more, and choose wisely.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “Appearance”