dyno and weigh in day for my RX-7 V8!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
mattster

dyno and weigh in day for my RX-7 V8!

Post by mattster »

my friends at MX-3.com, took the car to the dynojet and scale today, i had to do it before i leave for fall semester tommorrow. i'm quite happy with the results, the first 2 runs were on my battery only (still no alternator) and the final run was with a charger on it. looks like with a full battery my car runs a lil better . the engine is internally stock, with headers, intake, and wires only. the technicians were pretty impressed with my numbers, they said that the car sounded quite healthy. keep in mind that there are no mufflers either. enough blabbing. attached is the printout... booya! the 283.6 hp is at the wheels, and can be approximated to 340 hp at the crank.

the car weighed in at 2750#, that was with a 1/4 tank of gas, no mufflers and no bumper. we will say 2800-2850# with the mufflers and bumper included. i would say a good estimate of the track weight is 3000 - 3200# that's with me and a full tank of gas, that leads to a pretty good power to weight ratio of under 10 very easily.

hopefully some vids... soon?
Last edited by mattster on September 2nd, 2005, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattster

Post by mattster »

XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

you really think your gonna get under 10? thats crazy...

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

he said power to weight ratio of under 10
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Rotary? Of course not!!
A rotary making that much torque :lol:
When pigs fly!

Nice car
You plan to do anything next on teh V8?
Heads & Cam? SuperCharger?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mattster

Post by mattster »

ya, i was saying power to weight ratio is under 10 lbs/hp, that was kind of a goal for me when i started the project. i would be happy with a high 12 in the 1/4 mile. as far as the future for my car, i would like to swap the engine into a nicer chassis maybe next summer. the chassis it's in right now is in very poor condition, and it would be cheaper just to buy a new! it would be ideal to find an S5 (89-91) with a TII rearend for added confindence. while the engine is out i would like to put a head and cam combo most definately, lloyd elliot seems to be a popular kit for the LT1, i am thinking in the range of 400 whp. i also would like to get some decent tires on, some traction in 1st gear would be a nice thing. thanks for the compliments, i have a video taken now, but i am not sure i will post it because i suck at driving, and 1/2 of the ride is into the sun :(.
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

very impressing numbers. is that 350 small block an lt1? those numbers don't reflect an lt1. what motor is taht?
bp mx-3
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

buying new chassis?
How much do you think it will run you on costs?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Rotary? Of course not!!
A rotary making that much torque :lol:
When pigs fly!

Nice car
You plan to do anything next on teh V8?
Heads & Cam? SuperCharger?
I wouldnt say that there is the 787b,r26b, and the 20b turb rotor engines.
even the 13b can put down good #s
Last edited by DavidOS on September 4th, 2005, 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

RB26 is an inline six cylinder from the Skyline GTR.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

papa roached wrote:he said power to weight ratio of under 10
wow my bad. cause i ws liek no way is he getting under t10.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

nope-mx3 wrote:RB26 is an inline six cylinder from the Skyline GTR.

nope-mx3

To a certain extent the USA's IMSA GTP series is very similar to LeMans style racing and the RX-792P carried the rotary flag for a while.
The R26B used in this car was down a little in power and torque, 650bhp@8500rpm, 570Nm/420ftlb@6500rpm

these numbers look respectable to me.... rb26 is skyline, r26b is mazda
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Rotory power is great but I guess the v8 will do lol
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mattster

Post by mattster »

yup, a respectable S5 chassis should run me about 800-1000$. then i will sell the drive train for about 400$ to some rotary nut who is looking to have an extra to tinker with. the old chassis will be parted out and taken to a u-wrench it type place to offset the cost a little. the engine IS an LT1, i know the numbers are very high for an LT1, i am quite happy that i landed such a healthy V8. anyway, i will of course keep my friends at the MX-3 forum updated as much as i can with the progress. i am back in michigan now for the fall semester, i will be back around christmas.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

That is awesome, did you buy a kit to get the motor to bolt in? Are you going auto or manual? I drove a 04 vette a few months back and I must say v8's aren't so bad afterall :D

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”