Team SlipStream / TO Mx-3 Joint Meet Thursday, Sept 1st

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Soooo .. I'm going tomorrow night .. everyone who said that they were going better or else ....... :rant2: HAHAHA

Off 401 onto Thickson .. got it.

So Johnny ....

Are we going to go up together? If so .. where to meet and what time?
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Montanas ....... mmm sounds good to me.l
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

sexy_mx3 wrote:OK OK OK hold up! First of all what's wrong with Cavaliers? And second of all.... if the kid doesn't want to drive that far than don't razz him... If anything you should be the ones answering the age old question of why you NEVER show up to shows that you say you are going to. Lay off Cooper_9... I mean gas IS expensive now and if it's a far drive than maybe he doesn't want to do it or may be strapped ofr cash... who knows, he doesn't have to answer anything.... so unless you are willing to pay his/her way, lay off. Sorry if I came off as a beech but I don't like seeing stuff like that go on when you are in the same boat in the no show game...
John's just trying to encourage some members to improve our meets, it's great to see new faces too. Most other model-based clubs tend to bring out a few dozen people per meet, but us Mx-3'ers usually only get a half a dozen. The problem is people don't like showing up because of the lack of people showing up, if you can see the loop there. We have over 70 Mx-3'ers in and around the GTA area, and i bet about 75% of them have not shown up to a single meet this year. I understand that it takes a certain kind of Mx-3'er to come to a meet every week or two, but you'd think that thoughout the whole summer, with the various meets in various occasions that we would have more interest by localising meets better. Now it has, but the impact has been significantly lower than expected. We're trying hard to make this club work, have a gathering of people enthousiastic about their cars. Alot of people play the gas card. Gas was cheaper in spring and earlier inthe summer than it is now but that did not change a thing. I don't know, I'd like to see dozen's of Mx-3's every few weeks, but that probably would be too much to ask condering the distances we need to cover, but I would think that one single meet wouldn't be much to ask.

Back in late spring, there was one of the first meets in Woodbridge and Krish came out to one of his first meets, and honnestly, it was pathetic, I think it was Deimos, him, and myself, and I wasn't even in my Mx-3 yet. I though he would have been discouraged forsure, but he stuck with it and he's one of the most active Mx-3 members here. Glad you came along Krish.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:it was pathetic, I think it was Deimos, him, and myself, and I wasn't even in my Mx-3 yet.
also keep in mind that his following two meets consisted of between 2-3 ppl as well.

lately has been incredibly improved, but it would have been SOOOO much better to have this turnout for most of the summer, not late almost into fall. we're just gonna run into the same things next year if we don't find and fix the issues we're having now.

keep in mind that some of us are pulling our hair out trying to do anything we can in order to get more ppl out to make it more enjoyable for everyone. its just quite frustrating when ppl give lame excuses for not supporting the club properly when others are spending more time than they can really afford to in order to counter-ballance it
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:Are we going to go up together? If so .. where to meet and what time?
Same Timmies south of 401 at Trenton exit at 6:45.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

See you then
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

k im gonna be at the meet anyone want to drive up, leaving brantford around 5 if someone could jus give me directions from the 403 that be great
sexy_mx3

Post by sexy_mx3 »

Yes, I totally understand and maybe flew off the handle a tad, I'm sorry and do realise that I was in the wrong to jump the gun. But I still am not apologizing for what I said... I mean,... well anyways, I'm just gonna drop it off there and hopefully will see you all tonight, unless you decide to not show....like usual. C'mon ppl prove me wrong, don't let me lose faith in you all so soon.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

So who all are meeting me at KC between 7 and 7:30? I will have my FRS set to channel 3 for anyone who has one and is coming down.

Once again i will be at the timmies where the weds meets usually take place.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

403E to 401E

If you want to meet us at KC for 7:30:
-Keep going pass the 404/Don Valley Parkway
-Get off at Kennedy Rd (off the Collector)
-At the lights, Kennedy Corners's is right in front of you

If you want to meet us at the meet:
-Take the 401E until you see Thickson Rd
-Take Thickson North (left) at at the second set of lights (Consumer Rd), turn left. A few seconds down, you'll see an AMC parking lot on the left with a Montana's, turn in there. You should be able to see us, we park closest to the road.

_______ Kennedy Rd ^ _____________________________________________________ Thickson Rd ^
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Mike are you going straight or stopping by KC?

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'm definitely stopping by KC
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Sweet...I think Ian might come by as well. Just waiting to get an idea on how many people are coming.

First thing I need to do is clean the car...considering it was a mess at the KC meet :oops:

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ian may be getting a ride with me, but he has let to confirm. But I think he's coming either way.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Aight...any idea how many people from the club are coming?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”