Team SlipStream / TO Mx-3 Joint Meet Thursday, Sept 1st

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

well I will be at KC at 7:30....so swing by the parking lot at the back (meeting place) and pick me up and then we can continue on. Not sure who else would be joining me but the time will be 7:30.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

cooper_9 wrote: Im in ajax so I dont know if I want to drive all the way down to the west end just to come all the way back, gas is pricey now a days.
Coop Coop Coop, The MX knows now boundaries, knows no limits, does not care what the price per litre is. It knows it must be enjoyed and enjoyed well. Do it a favour someday. Take it on a trip. Stretch it's legs. Let it show you what it can do. Have you ever been out of Southern Ontario with it. My baby's been to Florida and back, to the west coast and back (Twice), to Winnipeg and back. You must break outside of your shell. Leave the womb. Cut the cord. Stop playing it safe. Get out there and experience it. Nothing ever happens twice so don't miss it the first time.
Where am I going with this??? ....... Oh ya, Coop, go for the drive, it's why you got an MX and not Cavalier or a Taurus.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok i have been to only 2 of ur mx-3 meets. i wanna get to as many as i can before winter so if i were to be goin down with u guys where would i go, am i meeting up with u guys and we cruise down together? do i go straight to the spot where were all goin to go? if so what town/city is the meet at? if i wanna go from elmira how long would it take to get there goin at a good pace? and what does KC stand for? or it would help alot if one of u guys met up with me somewhere where i know and we go from there that would also be awsome! i have absolutely no clue on anythin so if someone can give me info on this meet that would be great! the more info the better like where im to meet at what time and where to go. thx!!
Last edited by fieromx3 on August 30th, 2005, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Sounds good Ndfspde. I work till 9pm but if the meet is at AMC I could be there by 9:30 - 9:40pm.
So AMC in whitby at the thickson turn off the 401 - and u park on the 401 side or the consumers drive side?

But I think I'm gonna sit by my car and enjoy some little ceasars pizza -can't get enough of their $7 canadian pizza's with dipping sauce!!! hmmmm :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

Stop playing it safe. Get out there and experience it. Nothing ever happens twice so don't miss it the first time.
Where am I going with this??? ....... Oh ya, Coop, go for the drive, it's why you got an MX and not Cavalier or a Taurus.[/color][/quote]

:o i tottaly agree with u

lets do it :)

"something needs to happen. its need to happend now" :lol:
Gabor

Post by Gabor »

I will be at KC at 7:30
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

"Slade" call me and we'll head down together to Whitby - you won't regret it - this could get BIG!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

jschrauwen wrote:Coop Coop Coop, The MX knows now boundaries, knows no limits, does not care what the price per litre is. It knows it must be enjoyed and enjoyed well. Do it a favour someday. Take it on a trip. Stretch it's legs. Let it show you what it can do. Have you ever been out of Southern Ontario with it. My baby's been to Florida and back, to the west coast and back (Twice), to Winnipeg and back. You must break outside of your shell. Leave the womb. Cut the cord. Stop playing it safe. Get out there and experience it. Nothing ever happens twice so don't miss it the first time.
Where am I going with this??? ....... Oh ya, Coop, go for the drive, it's why you got an MX and not Cavalier or a Taurus.
HALLALOOYA!!! PRAISE THE MAZDA!! :werd: :2thumbsup: :froggie_red: :driver:
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

fieromx3 wrote:i have absolutely no clue on anythin so if someone can give me info on this meet that would be great! the more info the better like where im to meet at what time and where to go. thx!!
KC = Kennedy Commons. it's located just south of the 401 on Kennedy Rd in Scarborough.
Copied from last KC thread wrote:401 (east or west depending where you are coming from) Until Kennedy Rd. Go South on Kennedy, you will see a large plaza on your left after about 1 or 2 minutes. In there is an AMC theatre, Dominion, Super Pet.

When you are in the parking lot, AMC is on your left.

To get to tim hortons, it's basically on a side road behind dominion, you can reach it by taking a street out of the back of the parking lot or (easier to explain) Take the first left (traffic lights) after dominion and drive straight until the next lights, you will a muscle mag and tim hortons on your left.
i would say that it'll take you about an hour and a half from Elmira, depending on speed/traffic. i would suggest calling one of us (check contact list) if you will b late so we can a) wait, or b) let u know where we'll be.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well i wasnt sure where it was until i found out it was in whitby. and from me that really far and i think it would be more than 1.5hrs. it took my bro that long if not longer to get to DKN7 in markham and the map shows its even further. as much as id love to go it doesnt look like its gonna turnout. it totally blows but there will be others i suppose.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

fieromx3 wrote:well i wasnt sure where it was until i found out it was in whitby. and from me that really far and i think it would be more than 1.5hrs. it took my bro that long if not longer to get to DKN7 in markham and the map shows its even further. as much as id love to go it doesnt look like its gonna turnout. it totally blows but there will be others i suppose.
What exactly is holding you back? Are you not allowed to go further than a certain distance? Are you of unsure of travelling more than 1.5 hours away from your home? Are you uncomfortable with travelling distances with your MX? Is the car not serviceable enough for the trip? Is the cost of gas to prohibitive for you to travel that far. These are a lot bigger get togethers than the Guelph meet and everyone usually talks to one another there. Looks like you'll miss a lot of meets if unwilling to do the drive. Perhaps if we're ever in Guelph again you'll be able to join us again.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

We park on the Consumer drive side of the parking lot

So it seems we're meeting at KC first for 7:30....good idea.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
sexy_mx3

Post by sexy_mx3 »

OK OK OK hold up! First of all what's wrong with Cavaliers? And second of all.... if the kid doesn't want to drive that far than don't razz him... If anything you should be the ones answering the age old question of why you NEVER show up to shows that you say you are going to. Lay off Cooper_9... I mean gas IS expensive now and if it's a far drive than maybe he doesn't want to do it or may be strapped ofr cash... who knows, he doesn't have to answer anything.... so unless you are willing to pay his/her way, lay off. Sorry if I came off as a b---- but I don't like seeing stuff like that go on when you are in the same boat in the no show game...
PS The MX 3 may actually be leaving Pontypool and making an appearance at this one... if I get enough chance to wash and wax her up... if not then it's the Cavy for sure....
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

I seriously doubt John was razz'n on Cooper_9
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

sorry

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”