Anti-Drop Shifter Bracket for 5-speed cars

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Sometimes think mine is going to go through the floor too.
That's because you shift too hard. :driver: :lol:
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

crazy, I had no idea they could do this :lol:

I shift pretty rapidly in mine - doesn't have any feeling like it could do this though.. would be annoying to be stuck in 4th or 5th with some of the hills around here :shock:
1997, Silver, V6
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

I wish i heard of this earlier. I had the same problem by installing a new shifter. they replacement part was over $100 CDN so i just welded it. works fine but i don't think i can put in a new shifter without breaking the weld.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Chris (the guy making these brackets) is having problems registering so I'm posting this message for him:

Hi, I'm the guy making the shifter brackets, my name is Chris Rummel, and originally I made this for my Festiva, because when I was installing a short shift kit, the shifter fell to the floor, I found this very disturbing and desided to make a fix, the result was this bracket.
I can only imagine how shocking this would be to have happen going down the road!
So after I made the bracket for the festiva, my friend wil told me that basically all the early FWD mazdas had the same shifter and would benifit from this. So now I'm making them to sell. I'm not looking to retire from the sale of these, so I'll be making them in batches and keeping the price reasonable. I'll also be including the bolt and nut to mount it per Wil's suggestion to make it more of a kit. The price is $25 + 3 (mx-3.com donation) USD shipped, I take pay pal and money orders and as long as I have some of a batch left, it will ship out the next business day after receiving payment.
You can reach me at my Email address
Rumnhammer@aol.com

I check my email a couple of times a day, so you will always get a fast response.
I will have a batch of about 6 or so done tonight, after friday, I'll be on vacation in England for a week, so best to wait until after the 10th to get one.
Chris Rummel
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Rumnhammer
Supporting Member

Hi

Post by Rumnhammer »

Hi all just finally got registered, I'm not a computer guy, I'm a car guy, so I have to deal with AOL not wanting to jive with the confermation code.
Anyway, I have to say that I'm very pleased with the response especially from this list! You Mx3 guys don't mess around. I've made these for about 2 years now, and only sold about 8 over the course of a year. I guess that is the difference between festiva lists (what this was originally for) and you guys!
Like Wil posted, I'll be going to England on Friday for vacation until the 10th and will have a fresh batch of 27 done then.

See ya then.
Chris Rummel
94 Miata R package with turbo
91 festiva L with B6T and everthing else modded too.
2008 Mazda 5
No MX3 but you can tell I am a mazda guy
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ccreech wrote:
Sometimes think mine is going to go through the floor too.
That's because you shift too hard. :driver: :lol:
:wink: :driver:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
drewleedham

Post by drewleedham »

I can only imagine how shocking this would be to have happen going down the road!
haha, it happened to me not that long ago! the shifter slipped loose while going around the block with my friend to keep the fluids moving (it's been sitting for a while) and when he tried to force it back on it just dropped through.

i had to hold it up to shift home and barely made it home.

i'm going to buy one in september when my osap comes and i don't have so many bills.
FOR SALE: 93 MX-3 SE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ME WANT ME WANT!!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Mine went throuth floor a week or two ago. I went the junk yard and got another one. These look interesting.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Shifter fell through about a week after I bought my mx3. Got it fixed for free but it isn't the best support system at all, and the rubber doesn't stop the vibrating very well anyways. Easy cheap bolt on fix, i'll buy one. I'll e-mail you when I want to purchase.
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

I am also in. My car pops out of 5th gear sometimes when I am driving down the highway. This should fix it right??!?!?
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

Here's a pic of the problem.

Count me in for a groupbuy.
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

TEAMpK wrote:I am also in. My car pops out of 5th gear sometimes when I am driving down the highway. This should fix it right??!?!?
Sorry, but no. This just keeps the shifter from falling throug the floor.
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

My shifter does fall through the floor. Then sometimes in 5th gear it pops back out. Does anyone know if this will also help fix my 5th gear problem?
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
Solo

Post by Solo »

i want one!
BooYaH Screaming Team
http://solo.monchar.com -> 15,871@88,5MPH -> Top speed 230km/h
http://stuart.monchar.com -> building in progress
RaVeR 4 life BabY!
got a Protege 1.8 SOHC 4x4 for winter ^^

Return to “New Product Development”