Throttle cable adjustment for DE throttle Body

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Throttle cable adjustment for DE throttle Body

Post by schuttie2002 »

Hey I have my DE in and able to be started(it sounds pretty badass with open obs headers by the way) but I cant drive it yet because I cant get this throttle cable hooked up. Im trying to mount it where the first VRIS solenoid is mounted on the DE IM. No matter how much i have this bracket bent, I still cant get the cable long enough to put the pin onto the throttle body bracket.

How did everyone else rig this up, and where did you mount your accelerator cable? If anyone has any suggestions or anything else that works, like getting the DE bracket from a junk yard please let me know asap, Im getting antsy to drive this sucker!
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

not to change the subject but what the heck is a kl-de? i dont wanna seem like a retard but what sets it apart from the kl-03 and kl-ze?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fieromx3 wrote:not to change the subject but what the heck is a kl-de? i dont wanna seem like a retard but what sets it apart from the kl-03 and kl-ze?
its the same as a kl-03...with lower compression then a ZE
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Did you try taking the bracket completely off the cable, then flip the bracket upside down, then try?
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

yea thats what I did, and its really close, it just isnt quite long enough. I can get it hooked up, but the throttle body is open a little bit
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey where did u set your vacums? which ons id you block out?? where does the vacum for the fuel pressure regulator go? o.0
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Good news, I got the bracket rigged up. thanks lakersfan1, i thought I had it flipped, but i didnt and once i did that it was good to go.

Now my prob is Im running super rich, and also it wont idle high like its supposed to to warm up. The other problem I have is that my oil light is on. Any explanations, or simple solutions. Im going to search around for similar posts but if anyone has an idea lemme know.

hec, I matched up all the vaccums with the old engine while they were both sittin on the ground. Bad news is I still may have messed something up, because like I said im running super rich.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Turns out the problems were really simple. The oil light is because like other people have found out, the pressure sending unit above the oil filter is a little different between K8 and KLDE. I got that under control now.

The richness was bc I hooked up the fuel pressure regulator vacuum lines wrong. I switched the lines and the bad boy fired right up and is running great!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”