o2 threads

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

o2 threads

Post by fieromx3 »

do all o2 sensors have the same threads on them or no? if i were to replace my sensors with unversal types would it be a direct fit into my manifold? and also would the unversals work just as good as the oem?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Universal 4 wire will work, but you need to do a search to find out the wiring of them. They don't just plug right up. The universal ones don't have connectors so you'll have to cut the connectors off your stock ones and wire the new O2 snesor to the OEM connector.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

yea i know the wiring thing but it will screw right in my stock exhaust manifold?
Jettblackcat

Post by Jettblackcat »

YES, almost all cars (except toyota) use a standard 18mm x 1.5 thread, the other size is 12mm x 1.25, but I have yet to see a car that uses that.
92 MX-3 GS, RED, custom short ram intake, headers (not installed yet), HEI conversion, external coil, Need more $$ for a ZE (donations graciously accepted).
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

thats awsome thx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”