BEWARE: Ajax Auto Wreckers

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Cyn

BEWARE: Ajax Auto Wreckers

Post by Cyn »

Due to my recent, unfortunate encounter with Ajax Auto Wreckers, I want to warn everyone here about this shady junkyard (just when we thought they couldn't get worse!) Basically this is what happened on August 25, 2005:

I had an appt with the junkyard to pick up my parts car. I gave them a full description of the car's shape and advised them it had no wheels but would be on jackstands. The salesman told me the stands would be fine and that they would give me $60 bucks for it and come pick it up.

When the driver arrived he refused to pay me any money for the car even though the whole tranny and most of the engine components were there (let alone the seats, doors, panels, etc). It took some talking and he said he'd give me $20 for it and I agreed because I just really needed it off my driveway. Next thing I know he wraps some chains around the car and starts to try to catapult it onto the flat bed!!!! Before I could stop him, the car gets flung onto my driveway (almost tipping over onto my neighbour's house) and scrapes several inch-deep scratches in my driveway for about a foot and a half!!! When this whole horrific ordeal is over, I notice that one of the 2-ton jack stands has been twisted into a useless hunk of metal. Now what peeves me the most is that when the guy saw the scratches he just tried to dust it off with his shoe and then looked at the destroyed stand and said "Well that's garbage now!" When I tried to bring up the fact that he damaged my belonging, he threw the change I gave him (He didn't have $20 so I had to break a 50 for him!) and threatened to throw the car back onto my driveway!! I couldn't have more damage done so I coaxed the big hissy fit baby into taking the car and decided to speak with the company later.

The next day I had the owner of the junkyard call me to discuss the damage and most importantly, the attitude of the driver. The owner did not have any more business ethics than the driver and told me everything was my fault and my responsibility. The salesman denied hearing anything about the stands (even though I had told him on two separate calls). The owner, whose name is STEVE, took no responsibility for his employee and actually had the nerve to tell me to speak to the driver myself! He also hung up on me twice while we were simply discussing my dissatisfaction with the driver who represents his company!

So to everyone here: be careful if you do any business with this company! They are rude, irresponsible and have absolutely no business ethics! They take no ownership of their actions or products and don't keep their word.
BEWARE......
'99 ECLIPSE SPYDER GS-T
'95 Talon TSI ~ FOR SALE
'95 MX3 RS - SOLD
'93 MX3 GS - SOLD
'92 MX3 GS - SOLD
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

that sux man if that was me id like to kick the s--- out of that driver and he would have a nice visit to the hospital. so the driveway damage is all ur responsibility now and their not doin anythin about it to get it fixed?
Last edited by fieromx3 on August 26th, 2005, 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Call the BBB
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Better yet go piss in their gas tanks one night. That'll teach them to be so rude. I know that diesel's wll run on pretty much anything, but a good amount of sugar/sand will fix that. I'm dead honest too, I'd do it and the whole time I'm fixing my driveway I'd be laughing.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Get some estimates on the damage to your driveway plus the cost of the stand. Then try taking them to small claims court.

Might not be worth it though because you have to pay certain court fees to even file a lawsuit, plus there is no guarantee you will win.

Sorry to hear about what happened though. I have to get my car towed away soon so I better look into it soon, my car has wheels on it though.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”