mx-3 not rite?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

mx-3 not rite?

Post by fieromx3 »

ok so its been almost 2 weeks now and its been gettin a little worse. so anyway if im cruisin down a highway at like 80 or 100 and holdin my speed my engine makes a really weird noise sort like its timing is off a litle bit and it starts to vibrate like mad and shakes the car and no i know its definitely not the tires/rims are off balance its the engine. i dunno how to describe the sound but it only happens at a constant speed. its still as quick as it always was. it sorta sounds sick not the good kind either. sounds like its misfiring almost and timing off but im not sure and it could almost sound like an old POS car with a hole in the exhaust. just so u know my exhaust is brand new. at constant speed it sounds like this but if i kick it down or just accelerate normally this sound doesnt happen. plz help
Last edited by fieromx3 on August 24th, 2005, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowmx3

Post by slowmx3 »

Thats a tough one to help with over the net ya know. :shrug:
1992 mx-3, a couple mods, i'm still a n00b
---Don't try and church your car up, MX-3's aren't fast---
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i know i was just hoping someone could have. i dont exactly know how to describe the sound but i dont think its somethin i should get worried about it still runs good and strong i just want to know what it is and if its something hurting my engine
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Too many things it could be. But start by having the axles, engine mounts, and timing checked. Could be a poorly balanced wheel, worn out struts and springs, poor bushings (these are secondary unlikely guesses).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
andy

Post by andy »

I'm thinking a spark miss. Try a tuneup. replace the spark plugs, cap,rotor and plug wires. best part is even if this doesn't cure the problem
it can't hurt and should improve the overall running.

Andy P. 93 GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Take my advice, if your MX-3 even costs you $600 the first 8 months sell the lemond quick and buy another one
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well its been 9 months this month since i had the car and i only needed a cv axal and a new disty. so far this has been the best and most reliable car so far im only 17 and its only my second but anyway i am swappin it out for a kl-ze and i was talkin to a guy tonite and he got a kl-ze in mississagua for 700bucks!! if any of u guys no where he might have gotten it in mississagua or know the website can u plz tell me thx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”