BPT injector o-ring EMERGENCY

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Cpl_Bryant

BPT injector o-ring EMERGENCY

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

So when I first started my BPT, one of my injectors was spewing fuel. Okay, took an o-ring from the old MX-3 injectors and put it on the BPT injector. Seemed to fix the problem. Today I drove it to the muffler shop to do the exhaust work and smelled fuel. When I got there I opened the hood and saw a little pool of fuel on my intake manifold right under that same injector and could somewhat see it fizzing out of the injector. So now I am guessing that MX-3 injector o-rings are not the same as BPT ones. My question is, how can I get those o-rings? Will the ones for the Protege LX do the job? Or do I need to go to a Mazda dealership to order them? Please help. I had to leave my car at the shop 'cause I wasn't in the mood for an engine fire after all the work on the swap. Thanks. :cry:
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The 1.8 Pro-LX DOHC Injector O-rings should work fine. The only way to compare them with out looking them up is to use a caliper and measure their approximate size. You could pull measurements on the injector holder boss and get an o-ring w/ .005" larger O.D. then measure the injecror o-ring grove and use that dimension for the ID of your injector o-ring. Use a little seafoam as lubricant when installing the o-rings on to the injectors and then when installing them into the head to prevent sliting the o-ring by accident. Inspect your leaky o-ring to see if it is cracked or split.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

just get new ones from mazda they are like 8 bucks a piece and you need upper and lower for each injector. so you need 8 total remember upper and lower just get them from mazda trust me i went through that
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

So far so good with the Pro LX O-rings. I only replaced the 1 that was leaking and thus far have had no problems. If it happens again, I will go through the dealer and get all 8.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”