Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Just come down on Friday and hit the track meet and stay at the holiday inn. I'm sure you could find a room to crash in if you didn't want your own room.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

we gotta go out and have some beers amn any good bars near by
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

See this thread for the plan.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 539#293539

Friday night we are going to Brian's (a cool bar I hang out up there). Saturday after the meet we are all gonna play it by ear. It might be back to Brian's or down to my place in Miami or George's in P.Pines. I think a lot will be going on saturday night too.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I live in Tampa and I'm going down tomorrow...I just gotta see the race too...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

make sure you ring my phone when you get to the track if you don't see us right away.

the number is in the thread below.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=44376
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

OK...so I just got back home...

I have to say...the meet was awesome. There were 6 MX-3's there total...more Probes and MX-6's. Either way it was a pretty good turnout. What was the best time in our class? 14 something...not a bad run. I'm just glad they let the 2 MX's run together at the end of the night. That was a good race! Very cool to see!

If you get a link to some of the pictures I saw people taking, could you post it? I'd like to see them!

BTW - Those megasquirts are nice...gotta get me one of those...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Thanks to all who came out. The turnout was far better than expected. The pics are awesome. I got a preview of SlimmGTs pics last night. I've never seen that many
MX3s/Probes/MX6s ligned up. If anyone needs a place to host the pics just send them to me and I'll host them on my site.

JollyJewBagel earned his award for least likely to make it home as he rode home in the tow truck :roll: Hopefully it's a quick fix and he'll be up and running soon for MYRTLE MADNESS!!!

The protege and RX8 guys who came out were all great people. Can't wait to run into them at some more meets around town. I'll be at Towers for the Protege/Mazda club's official meet the last Friday of this month.

I did a quick count of who/what showed up.
MX3s - 6
MX6s - 4
Probes - 17
Proteges - 5
RX8s - 1 (but it was a really nice one)
Corollas :poopa: - 1 (George will have his probe running one day)

Total Mazda/Probes in attendance - 33
Number of cars towed away - 1
Number of cars stranded on the way there that still made it - 2
Numbers of cars that blew up before they even got there - 1 (Maciej's car which I'll be looking at today)

This was a great "Pre Myrtle Flyrtle." Let's see if Florida can represent just as strong at Myrtle Madness 8.

A Tampa/Bradenton meet is in the works for Jan/Feb. We'll probably have it consist of a Desoto speedway trip and a Busch Gardens visit. More to come on that in the coming months.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

Well hey...sign me up for that one too!
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Hey all,

Wanted to say I enjoyed Saturday. Was my first time going to anything like that, and I gotta say I was impressed with how many people were there. I'm pretty shy so I kind of kept to myself a bit, but I don't want people to think I was rude or not into it. Can't wait to see some of the pictures that were taken. Hopefully one day my car will be as cool as some of the others I saw. 8) Thanks hppwdn, for putting it all together.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Pics man, whos got the pics!!!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

http://www.iceyrecords.com/drew/flyrtlewebgallery/

I'll add more to the gallery as they come in. It was a really fun meet. I need to get a camera of my own for the next meet.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Andy, are you saying that MX3's are welcomed at MM8? If so, is there many that actually do attend? If it's as big as they make it out to be on PT maybe I should shoot for that. It sure would be nice to have a little warmer weather for that short bit. Couldn't actually find a brief synopsis of what MM8 is all about on PT. Could you fill me in?
john
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Awesome pictures! Man I am so pissed :evil: that I had to leave early.... that orangey colored mx-3 is so cool!!
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

jschrauwen wrote:Andy, are you saying that MX3's are welcomed at MM8? If so, is there many that actually do attend? If it's as big as they make it out to be on PT maybe I should shoot for that. It sure would be nice to have a little warmer weather for that short bit. Couldn't actually find a brief synopsis of what MM8 is all about on PT. Could you fill me in?
john
Myrtle Madness is the biggest Probe meet of the year. It's usually a 3-4 day event. MX3s are welcomed, but they only allow Probes/MX6s to be part of the car show portion. I told them I'd just throw some MX6 badges on and say I did extensive body work.

I'm going this year because I was going in my probe last year and a last minute emergency kept me home. Whether we can drum up a ZE MX3 class or not it's still a great time. Plus all the probe guys love the ZE MX3s since they already have a 500lb advantage on them.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

hppwdn wrote:Myrtle Madness is the biggest Probe meet of the year. It's usually a 3-4 day event. MX3s are welcomed, but they only allow Probes/MX6s to be part of the car show portion. I told them I'd just throw some MX6 badges on and say I did extensive body work.
I'm going this year because I was going in my probe last year and a last minute emergency kept me home. Whether we can drum up a ZE MX3 class or not it's still a great time. Plus all the probe guys love the ZE MX3s since they already have a 500lb advantage on them.
Hey Andy, thanks for that. Will you be riding up with others? Is there a structured route and timings from your area heading north and stopping at key places along the way to pick up more peeps? If so, do they have similar arrangements for those coming from the west and north as well? I think I'm going to book that time off from work for those 4 days and the extra day+ to travel there and back. I haven't looked yet, but has there been previous threads on this event in this forum before? I better get to work on making some magnetic MX6 badging for the ZE ... LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “MX-3 Meets”