Won't Start, No Spark!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gfresh

Won't Start, No Spark!!!

Post by Gfresh »

Yesterday I jumped in my car and drove to work hassle free, no problems at all, car was working perfectly. However, when my shift was finished and I jumped in my car to start er up and head home, I was surprised to find the engine would not turn over. I checked the plugs and there was indeed no spark.

I drive a 94 MX-3 GS, and I have had it for almost 3 months now, and never experienced any problems with it. The previous owner had replaced the distributor, along with several other parts, and told me I needn't worry about replacing them. I called up my local mazda shop and asked them how much a new disty would cost me, and they said about $560 CAD. There is no way in hell i want to replace the whole disty unless absolutely neccessary, and that is when I stumbled across the HEI module and external coil mod.

I performed the mod this afternoon, without the external coil (I inspected my stock coil before, and it seemed to be in tact) Double checked a bunch of wiring diagrams for various locations etc. I used a method that some probe guys suggested my cutting the wires to pins 5 and 6 and tying them into the HEI. After I finished everything and reconnected my battery post, I went to turn the engine over, and still, no spark. I even checked the plugs to see if they were wet from the previous attempts to start my car, but everything seemed to be intact. If anyone has any suggestions to how I might fix this problem please post them ASAP.

Thanks

Gfresh
Green Machine --1994 MX-3 GS 5-spd-- HEI Ignition Modded
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

Just tested the spark, and found that there is a spark, however it is very very weak. I am going to have another look at the coil and probably go through with the external coil mod. However, if anyone has any advice or suggestions, again please post them.

Thanks

Gfresh
Green Machine --1994 MX-3 GS 5-spd-- HEI Ignition Modded

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”