Installing aftermarket temp gauge...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Installing aftermarket temp gauge...

Post by MX-3 Money »

Has anyone done this before? I have looked at the instructions that came with the kit and have a good idea whats invloved, but where is the temp sensor located. I would still like to use my original one thats hooked up to my cluster. btw its a mechanical gauge not electrical.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

why do you want two temp gauges?
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

the one thats already in the car isn't very accurate and doesn't even tell you what temp your running. But i don't wanna disable it so it just looks broken.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I am getting ready to do the temp gauge swap to let me know how yours goes if you get it done soon. or if I get mine done first I will let you know how it went.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Ok this is just a question, but could you not just drill a hole in the return hose to the rad and put the senor in there? Then seal up the hole?
swalltr207jg

Post by swalltr207jg »

MX-3 Money wrote:Ok this is just a question, but could you not just drill a hole in the return hose to the rad and put the senor in there? Then seal up the hole?
you dont want to do this cause the hose is under pressure when the car is running and it will burst/rupture if you put a hole in it and then try to plug it......that or you wont get a good seal on the hole and coolant will leak and get all over
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Good I asked lol.....V8KOMX3 any progress?
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

not yet had to work overtime but very soon
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i just removed the old sensor and put in the new one and left teh old one unhooked, its not accurate so its not worth the headache of tryin to keep it funtioning
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

i know but i'd like it to not look broken. Where is the sensor located?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”