Setting up a custom turbo system...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Juans_93_MX3

Setting up a custom turbo system...

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I am still doing alot of research on this and still got A LONG TIME for a idea like this to happen.
I see that the turbo connects through a series a piping to the intercooler then from the intercooler to the BOV and then the throttle body/Intake.

So my question is, what diameter piping would I have to go for if I was putting a turbo on a KLDE with a 67mm throttle body? Yea I know, obvious answere but just want to make sure, 67mm diameter piping right?

What Intercoolers from other cars will work with a turbo for the MX3?

If I was to get a turbo for a KLDE (forged internals, ported heads and manifold) what pound injectors would I have to get?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Intercooler piping depends on what turbo you are going to use, you wouldnt want to use massive piping on small turbo and you dont want to use small piping on a massive turbo, both would rob power.

And as for injectors it dosent matter what you have done to your car it matter how much Power you want to make, Sinceyou didnt list what turbo ,how much psi or anything else for that matter I can not tell you what injectors to look for.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

for intercooler piping i just used the same size diameter as the outlet on the compressor side. my VJ-20 has a 2" opening so i used 2 " piping. a little bit bigger may be better if you turn up the boost though...i don't know for sure.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

the best size WOULD depend on the ammount of boost you are putting out from the turbo... also remember that if you have 12 lbs of boost on a 2" pipe, it is NOT the same as 12lbs of boost on a 3" pipe.... anytimes you have more than 15 lbs you should consider getting the pipes one size bigger so u dont ever run into problems like intercooler piping blowing off the sides, and you dont have an ini mini pipe holding back ur airflow, while u also dont want to have a 3.5 inch pipe with 4 lb's of boost as you will basically have the air just floating around in the pipe....

Return to “Forced Induction”