Paint Job!?!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
JJ

Paint Job!?!

Post by JJ »

hey yall,<P>Has anyone done a paint job there mx-3's?? ANd if soo what was the quality? i gotta 92' mx3 v6 and i need a paint job and im wondering around how much i should spend.<BR>thanks yall
GMGQ

Re: Paint Job!?!

Post by GMGQ »

The best advice for this is:<P>You-Get-What-You-Pay-For<P>It can range from a cheap deal where they just tape up the parts they don't want to paint, and just paint over your current paint. (a few hundred$)<P>To the quality jobs where they actually take all the trim and emblems off, take off the individual parts that need to be painted, take off the current paint, polish it and whatnot, put on some new quality paint, etc etc. I think they even have to spray at certain angles to get it even. (a few thousand$)<P>It's really 2 extremes. Of course the better paint job will be best for the long run of your car, and its resell value later on. Unfortunately everyone has a budget too, so sometimes you've got no choice ;\ Just try to get a quality job, and don't settle for a cheapie job. It may turn out worse than before!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:<BR><STRONG>hey yall,<P>Has anyone done a paint job there mx-3's?? ANd if soo what was the quality? i gotta 92' mx3 v6 and i need a paint job and im wondering around how much i should spend.<BR>thanks yall</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

Definately true. The guy who did mine was working independently (friend of my cousin.) He used to be the master painter at a local body shop, and worked at several other places around town.<P>When he did my paint, he took all the emblems and trim off, and did a really good job. The car was filled and sanded to smooth it out before he started. I thought I only had one or two spots in the car but it looked like the car sat in a junkyard for 3 years because he sanded so much on it. Cost me around $1000 for the whole paint job, but he did my body work too from my wreck (which made the price higher.)<P>One thing I did notice, though, get new headlights if you can afford them. They're a little over $200 each but it does absolute WONDERS for looks with the new paint.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey man,<BR> I couldnt have said it better myself! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMGQ:<BR><STRONG>The best advice for this is:<P>You-Get-What-You-Pay-For<P>It can range from a cheap deal where they just tape up the parts they don't want to paint, and just paint over your current paint. (a few hundred$)<P>To the quality jobs where they actually take all the trim and emblems off, take off the individual parts that need to be painted, take off the current paint, polish it and whatnot, put on some new quality paint, etc etc. I think they even have to spray at certain angles to get it even. (a few thousand$)<P>It's really 2 extremes. Of course the better paint job will be best for the long run of your car, and its resell value later on. Unfortunately everyone has a budget too, so sometimes you've got no choice ;\ Just try to get a quality job, and don't settle for a cheapie job. It may turn out worse than before!<P> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”