MX-3 BPT sold, and a big THANK YOU to everyone here!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
brianho

MX-3 BPT sold, and a big THANK YOU to everyone here!

Post by brianho »

Well, after 350,00km's, 9 years & 17 days of owning this car from bone stock RS form to it's now retardedly fast 12psi BPT, my car has been sold to a new owner, who is coming tomorrow morning at 10:00am to pick it up. It was my first car and it has been quite the journey. I learned so much about cars from this thing due to the fact that almost everything back then had to be custom made (no real MX-3 specific performance parts, or ebay). But more importantly I met a group of awesome people like Kevin Gee, Taras, Tina, Sean, Shone, guys from Corksport... and all the other MX-West'ers past and present. I don't know how many hours I've spent in mine or Kevin's garage "fixing/tweaking" my car, but it's been fun (mostly, hahaha) Thanks Kevin! From the 1st MX-3 mini meet (Kevin, Tom, Myself), to the MX-West annuals and road trips, I've had nothing but great memories. I know I haven't posted very much on this board but I've read tons of posts and you guys have answered so many of my questions without me needing to ask, so I'd just like to send out a big "Thank You" to everyone here.

My new car is a 2004 Black RX-8 GT, and coincidently I picked it up exactly 9 years after, to the day, I bought the MX-3. Other than some stainless steel strakes on side vents, this car is stock. My BPT is way faster (more Hp and lighter) but the RX-8's handling kicks a--! Mods for this car are definately more expensive in general, and they only give you a little bit more power (compared to RX-7 mods) which sucks. There are turbo kits out now but I'll have to wait until the warranty runs out and more people have bought and tested them before I do it.

I'm sad that my first car which I put so much into is gone, but at the same time I'm sooooo excited about starting all over again. I already have a list of Mods (performance/apperance/audio) I want......no, NEED hahaha.......I just have to decide on where to start. Hopefully the new owner takes good care of this car, he's 17 and it's his first ride. Maybe we will see him on this forum and at future MX-West events.

Thanks again everyone! :D

Brian Ho[/img]
'92 MX-3 BPT Elegant Beige
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

BPT MX-3 as a first car, kinda scarry but congrats on the sweet new ride
Last edited by papa roached on July 23rd, 2005, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

well Brian im happy for ya. but just because you got rid of your MX doesent mean we all cant still hang out. you should still try to come to Tour to Whistler this year. i know you have been bussy as of late but you should try to come out to another event.

i rember when i first joined the Club and seeing your and Seans cars at the BBQ. its what got me started in all this performance stuff. that was like 3 years ago. time goes by fast. Best of luck and keep in touch.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Too bad I never got to see your car. Best of luck. RX-8's are nice.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

im sure he'll enjoy it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
brianho

Post by brianho »

Don't worry, I'll still be out to MX-West events. Actually, I'm going to Kevin's for a MX-West BBQ tonight. I told the kid about MX-West, and the BBQ today but he had to work, he lives like 5 blocks from Kevin's house.

One thing I can't believe happened, I was sitting in the car listening to cd's waiting for them to show up, when they did, I went to the trunk and hit the eject button...... and you probabbly guessed it, the Changer was @$#*%! So now I'm standing there looking like an idiot trying to get my CD's out, but no luck. I've had this changer fro 8.5 years and NEVER once had any problems. So I now have to get a replacment changer. Can't believe I'm buying stuff for a car I don't own anymore, too funny. Oh well, there are tons of cheap ones on Ebay. After they left, I took the changer up to my place, literally tore it apart, and retrieved my CD's. The changer is now in pieces in the garbage.
'92 MX-3 BPT Elegant Beige

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”