Many questions about radiator cap, O2 sensor, and more...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
monkii

Many questions about radiator cap, O2 sensor, and more...

Post by monkii »

Hi all mx-3 owners~

Does anyone know if those high pressure radiator caps sold on eBay reliable at all?
My ride has 150,000km, and lately I found the temperature gauge rise above normal level (to roughly 3/4 or 4/5, close to the red line) when the car is parked with engine running right after some city driving. I check many threads, and replacing the radiator cap seems to be a cheap and easy way to solve some overheat problem, is that so?
It's cheap on eBay compared to those mazdaspeed/cusco ones from Corksport...anyone tried those from eBay?

I am also thinking about replacing the O2 sensor as the car is still running the stock sensor. Anyone think I'll see improvement in gas mileage(currently it's about 23mpg mix city/hwy, I4 engine w/ ATX) with this replacement? I tried asking Canadian Tire at 2 different locations for the price of a replacement O2 sensor. One told me $99 while another told me $125 :shock: ...I don't understand the difference in price at these 2 location...anyone know anywhere I can get this cheaper? Even better if there's a place selling it cheap in Vancouver. The guy at Can Tire told me it's probably heat sensor integrated into the O2 sensor making them expensive for the mx-3, and I don't think it's true... :x

How do you people install air intake so that hot air don't get sucked into the engine?

My engine room is a bit dirty...is it ok to flush the engine room with water? or is it a bad idea that will result in all sorts of problems?

My driver side manual window is very hard to close, anyone know how to fix this before I spray WD40 everywhere?

The fan occassionally make some squeaking noise, how can I get to the fan part to lube it with WD40?

The engine also make squeaking noise. It originates from the wheel/pulleys on the passenger side of the engine. I have to occassionally spray some WD40 to the wheel/pulley to kill the noise. Am I doing right or is there another way to kill this noise permanently? Such noise is embarrassing from such nice ride while in the public...

Man...I am so such a noob...hope all these can be answered... :oops:
Monkii<BR>1994 while MX-3 RS
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

overheating problem = your radiator fan is probably not kicking in

you will probably see a small improvement in mileage if you replace your o2.

if you buy a intake kit there are instructions...very easy to do.

i wouldn't spray down your engine unless you know what you are doing. you want to stay away from all the electronics and such.

there is some kind of spray that you can put on your window seals and your window will work just fine. (it's not WD40 by the way). if you go to a glass replacement shop they could tell you...maybe even an autoparts store would know.

for the squealing on the passenger side, you should replace the 2 belts that are there. if this doesn't solve the problem you will have to replace/repair whatever pulley you are spraying with WD40.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”